Product Type: Vivid Imaginations Action Figure
Newest Review: ... is no exception. You're looking to pay around £4.99 for this little chunk of plastic, and at that price I would say - walk away. However ... more
The Last in a Long Line of Rip-Offs
Zingzillas Posable Figure Zak
Member Name: DavyMichelle
Zingzillas Posable Figure Zak
Date: 11/01/11, updated on 11/01/11 (17 review reads)
Advantages: Realistic, Joints Work Well, Fits Playmobil Accessories
Disadvantages: Over Priced, Poor Accessories, Limited Play Appeal
There are four Posable Zingzilla characters available in the shops at present, along with a Big Zing Playset (all sold seperately). I was foolish enough to snap up all of these items because the grandson is such a big fan of the CBeebies television show these are coined from.
Sadly, the quality of all of these toys is not great. The Big Zing Playset is an out and out rip-off, and the individual posable characters are decent but over priced. Zak is no exception.
You're looking to pay around £4.99 for this little chunk of plastic, and at that price I would say - walk away. However if you can get this half price in one of the many January sales presently on, I think this isn't the worst £2.50 you could spend making a little Zingzilla fan feel happy for five minutes.
Included in the packet is just Zak and his harmonica. It might have killed them to give him a microphone stand or something a bit more relevent to his character in the show! Or rather, added a few pence to their production costs... For the price, that's really not an acceptable contents list in my opinion.
Zak is detailed enough and closely resembles the television character, young fans will immediately recognise who this is a toy of. They can role play with him by bending his arms and legs and turning his head too. This little guy is around the same size as Playmobil figures are (just a tiny bit bigger) so if you have existing Playmobil sets, you can use this little guy with those. Our Zak likes driving the Playmobil rubbish truck around apparently.
Not particularly recommended to be honest, a bit of a rip-off and a cheap shot by the manufacturers really. They know that fans of the television show will want these toys and pressure parents into buying them - so they put as little effort into producing them as they thought they could get away with. I just hope that when the Octonauts toys come out this year (the latest CBeebies craze without a toy line yet), they put a bit more time and effort into producing quality toys that will last - or cheap toys with matching price tags.
Summary: Not Really Recommended
More reviews in the field of Action Figure
- Make Space for this Space Ranger in your home!
- Carry on Camping With Peppa Pig
- hasbro star wars clone commander deviss
- I choose, Death by Monkeys
- Act out the scenes from Toy Story 3
- I don't think that's daylight
- Bottom of the Barrel Trashies
- Regular show 2" action figures
- An army set with plenty of play.
- Dinosaur Train Ned interacion figure
- Dinosaur Train Morris interaction Figure
- Dinosaur Train Derek, Ollie & Mr Pteranodon
- Dinosaur Train Delores, Mr Conductor & Shiny
- Dinosaur Train Buddy with Train Car
- Go-Go's Crazy Bones
- Character Options Doctor Who Sarah Jane Smith
- Disney Tangled Deluxe Figurine Set
- Chad Valley Dinosaurs in a Tub
- Character Options Doctor Who Flight Controlled Tardis