Newest Review: ... after she had done all the hard work so I can't comment on the booking procedure. My review only reflects what I experienced of Airtours f... more
Don't fly longhaul with them!
Member Name: blackhorse
Date: 18/04/01, updated on 18/04/01 (164 review reads)
Disadvantages: Not enough room to swing a cat!
Airtours have got to be the worst possible airline to fly with if your flight is over 4 hours long. I have flown to the Caribbean with them twice now (having given them a second chance after the first flight). Never again. I am 5ft 9, not unusually tall, but my knees were under my chin. How you are meant to be comfortable for 9 hours like that is anyones guess. To make matters worse the pocket on the seat in front had broken so I had a piece of metal sticking in my leg for the whole flight.
Also, if you have a window seat you cannot see the television screen, so all you can do is listen to the movie on your headphones (which you have to pay for!).
The meals were infrequent, although not of a bad standard but that didn't make up for the lack of leg room.
I would recommend anyone thinking of flying longhaul with this company to seriously think again.
More reviews in the field of Airline
- Best of the Charter Airlines!
- Airtours were great!
- Very Cheap flights- use to thats why i am updating now
- Safer then Garuda and cheaper than Qantas
- Don't fly Virgin Atlantic to Orlando/Carribean!
- Manchester to Bangkok......and back again!!
- Off to the seaside (Phuket is much better than Skegness!)
- They do what they say they do, and don't claim to be anything else.
- Jet2.com in one word
- ok to do business with