Newest Review: ... large bookings in the first place. We were determined to not let it impact our spirits and proceeded through security to board the plane... more
a few problems but nothing major
Member Name: Ellieczy
Advantages: everything you need for a flight
Disadvantages: bag mix up
I don't have a problem with virgin atlantic, but when I recently flew with them to Dubai we had a few problems. It all went well apart from when we went to check in, for some reason I was booked in twice, once as my full name and the other my nickname, they didn't realise this until after they had labelled my bag with my nickname and sent it on it's way. Then as my passport says my full name they wouldn't allow the bag to travel under my nickname or abbreviation. When we got to the gate I wasn't allowed on the plane until I had identifed my bag! so we had to wait for 30mins whilst they got my bag off the plane for me to say "yes thats my bag" and then they put it back on the plane! Seems like a waste of time to me but i'm sure it was security reasons.
The flight itself was very pleasant, economy is economy at the end of the day! The staff were helpful and polite, had a good range of films to watch and drinks when we wanted them! we were provided with a blanket and "goody bag" with pens, tooth brush,mini tooth paste and eye mask +magazine for the flight.
Summary: would fly with them again
More reviews in the field of Airline
- Doesn't deserve the bad press, top class airline
- Not bad, but certainly not the premium brand they make themselves out to be.
- Still some has some way to go for it to compete with the Big Boys!
- Great flight, non-pricey flight and at the end of the day its only a flight!!!
- The only way to fly
- Bmi baby : Excellent Service, Low Prices
- As bad as their reputation?
- DO NOT USE
- Not the most luxurious flight, but do not believe the scare stories
- No problems!