Newest Review: ... my passport and boarding pass (which I had already printed off beforehand - this is a must!) for the next flight and there were the ... more
Member Name: HooSoo
Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL)
Date: 28/10/00, updated on 28/10/00 (306 review reads)
Advantages: new and clean
Disadvantages: too big
KLIA is the largest airport in South East Asia. It is so huge that I was lost when I transit there last summer (or maybe my sense of direction is poor). There are different terminals for domestic and international flights. Due to its massive area, there is frequent air-tram service running between different terminals. Staffs are very helpful. I remember I was looking for a bureau de change cause I needed to get some change to make a phone call. And this Malay lady at the counter told me there isn't one nearby so gave me a coin of RM1. Ho ho!! I was impressed by her generosity.
There are many shops in the airport, all new and shopping is really a pleasant thing to do there. The cleanliness of the airport is excellent, better than many other airports I had been in South East Asia (Changi, Brunei etc).
More reviews in the field of Airport
- Nicer than Heathrow
- Murcia, Costa Blanca's other airport
- Avoid this place at all costs
- Didn't think it was that bad
- Leeds-Bradford Airport - it fits in your pocket!
- Absolute nightmare! Complete shambles!
- Manchester Airport - The way I got treated was unbelievable and I dread flying f ...
- Simple but Effective
- A Necessary Evil
- Leaning towards being a great airport!