Product Type: Dove Antiperspirant / Deodorant
Newest Review: ... bag then you would probably prefer a smaller can as this one is rather large. Typical of Dove, this product comes in rather simple yet ... more
Member Name: Kittenpeach
Dove Antiperspirant Aerosol Go Fresh Grapefruit & Lemongrass
Advantages: Fruity, lovely scent and effective protection.
Disadvantages: Can leave white marks behind if you aren't careful.
I first tried this a long while ago, and was immediately taken with it! As I've said in previous reviews, I am always on the look out for a bargain, and I'm definitely not loyal to any particular brand, but even if this product wasn't on special offer I'd still pick it up.
I'm a big fan of anti-perspirants rather than just normal deodorants, as I like to keep feeling fresh all day, and deodorants just don't do that for me. I tend to find that most anti-perspirants have a somewhat boring scent - they smell nice enough, but there's nothing particularly special about them. This is where I think this one differs. The smell is divine, and the fragrance reminds me more of a body spray such as Impulse than a boring anti-perspirant. It's fresh, fruity, and light so it's not at all overpowering. I'm not sure if I can really pick out the grapefruit to be honest, it's just a lovely zingy, citrussy fragrance - I think it would be ideal for the Summer months.
I find that this is very effective, and it does leave you feeling fresh all day. I do a fair bit of walking around too, and do find myself getting a little hot and bothered, but this stuff works a treat. I would recommend waiting a few moments before getting dressed after spraying this though, because it does have a tendency to leave white marks if you don't give it a chance to dry thoroughly.
The packaging is quite cute, with a pastel lemon colour for the lid, which fits in with the aesthetic they are going for. There is also a little illustration of a grapefruit on the front, but overall they have kept it fairly simple, which I actually like. It feels sturdy as it should, and I haven't had any problems with the lid staying on (which would just grate on me!).
This product is widely available from most supermarkets, and from shops such as Boots, and Superdrug. I also like to have a little look in Wilko's for things like this to see if I can pick up a bargain!
Price for 150ml (at time of writing)
Boots - £2.49
Superdrug - £1.50
Sainsbury's - £2.99
Asda - £2.59
The price is in line with most other anti-perpirants on the market, so I would say that it is fair.
Summary: A lovely anti-perspirant which is a little different than the norm.
More reviews in the field of Antiperspirant / Deodorant
- Lynx for women is finally here huraahh!!
- Lush T'eo - Let me tell you why i am not a convert!
- Nivea not so invisible!
- It 'Sure' Keeps Me Feeling Fresh!
- Dove is the way.
- The forces of science are with me
- Lynx attract - not for her
- Nivea Double Effect Violet Senses Anti-Perspirant Spray
- I'm Sure Of My Man
- Get your gas mask out
- Gillette Cool Wave Triple Protection System Antiperspirant & Deodorant
- Gillette Cool Wave Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Roll-On
- Sure Men Maximum Protection Fresh Scent Aerosol
- Gillette Cool Wave Deodorant Spray
- Nivea Men Sport Deodorant Spray
- Sure Cool Pink Antiperspirant Deodorant
- Sure Cotton Fresh Aerosol
- Boots Natural Collection Apple and Lime Body Spray
- Asda Essentials Sensitive Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
- Chanel Allure Homme Sport Deodorant Spray