Product Type: Nivea Antiperspirant / Deodorant
Newest Review: ... creamy with a hint of flowers but it soon fades away to almost nothing. As with most Nivea deodorant that I have tried, it isn't long befor... more
Gentle but Ineffective
Nivea Calm & Care Deodorant
Member Name: stickyangel
Nivea Calm & Care Deodorant
Advantages: Smells fresh, gentle, nice can
Disadvantages: Doesn't work
I bought this deodorant a while ago along with a few other Nivea ones when they were all on offer at £1 each in Morrisons. They usually cost about £2.09 for a 150ml can depending on where you buy them from, usually places like Bodycare tend to have them a bit cheaper than most places.
The can looks nice and quite pretty with it's white and green colour scheme, and it's easy to spot on the shelves. It has a pull off lid which is easy to get off but it doesn't go back on very tightly so it would easily come off in your bag if you were carrying it around with you.
The spray comes out as quite a powerful spray rather than a mist, and it feels very wet on my skin, unlike the Pearl & Beauty one which was quite powdery. This means I have to wait for it to dry before I can get dressed which I really hate, it's so frustrating and is the exact reason I choose sprays over roll-ons which you always have to leave to dry.
The scent is just a general fresh scent, not really perfumey or overpowering, so you could easily wear it with your perfume of choice without it clashing. I don't notice the scent at all once I've sprayed it on and left it to dry.
I don't find this really works as an antiperspirant, it doesn't seem to stop me sweating at all and I still get a bit wet under my arms pretty quick after using it, even though I'm not a very sweaty person so it doesn't have much of a job to do really, so on that count it's been really rubbish for me. It is however very kind to my skin and the skin under my arms feels really soft and smooth when I've used it.
Summary: Not an effective antiperspirant
More reviews in the field of Antiperspirant / Deodorant
- Make Sure you've got yourself covered...
- Get fresh with Sanex
- You don't need a powerful smell to stay fresh all day!
- The price teased me.
- Dove Compressed Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
- Dove Invisible Dry Anti White Marks Anti-Perspitant Deodorant
- Nivea Pearl & Beauty. . .
- quite disappointing
- Just as good as the original!
- The Dalek Deodorant
- Sure Men Sensitive Anti Perspirant Deodorant
- Tesco Moisture Pearl Soft Antiperspirant Deodorant
- Marks & Spencer Aloe Vera Antiperspirant Roll-on
- Sisley Eau Du Soir Perfumed Deodorant
- Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Deodorant Stick
- Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme YSL Deodorant
- Yves Saint Laurent Opium Homme Deodorant Stick
- Yves Saint Laurent YSL Paris Deodorant Spray
- Lynx Click Deodorant Body Spray
- Lynx Fever Deodorant Body Spray