Newest Review: ... clothes, by far my favourite brand in store and always a favourite of my boyfriends, a high street store that has a variety for men too is ... more
Pricey and not often worth it
Member Name: tiaw
Advantages: Some nice styles and items
Disadvantages: Too expensive!
Here I am dealing with H&M from a male perspective:
The men's clothing range at H&M, like every other shop, changes with the season. It is mainly aimed at twenty - fourty year olds, so it has a slightly more sophisticated look to it (most of the time). Some times you can venture in and spot a lot of items that are appealing and stylish. On other occassions there is virtually nothing. It all depends on taste. A recent example saw me have my eye caught by a very cool looking jacket, only to discover that it had a idiotic looking hoodie stuck on the back. It's hit and miss. Furthermore, it's pricey - very pricey.
Think Topman/River Island prices and add on about 30%. The quality difference is negligible. Worse still, it is extortionate. During visits to Hong Kong, i've delved into H&M menswear only to find many of the same items (and often better ones) selling for half or even one third of the price. Other countries seem to be treated to special offers - I rarely see any in H&M UK brances.
As a result, i've bought a lot of H&M clothes while away, but hardly any while in the UK.
On the plus side, the staff i've encountered have always been very friendly and helpful, unlike at Topman or River Island.
Summary: Rarely worth the effort.
More reviews in the field of Apparel Store
- Fashion is the way forward -hollister all the way
- Jack Wills, quality clothing from a distinctive brand.
- Everyone loves a bit of Jack Wills :)
- Burton - high quality, reasonably priced clothes
- Fades and mishapes - not what I thought it would be
- Jack Wills Outlet: Items on website are not available
- Mens fashion which is of good quality and is affordable
- One of the few high street stockists of maternity wear
- Jack Wills
- Received three dresses as a present!