Product Type: Crayola Art / Craft
Newest Review: ... quality chalk. ==Description== The chalks are packaged in the unmistakable Crayola yellow cardboard and sit neatly in the box with a fl... more
Bring back the chalkboards!
Crayola White Anti Dust Chalk
Author Name: superness11
Crayola White Anti Dust Chalk
Advantages: wipe off, safe
Disadvantages: often break
I was bought some lovely little heart shaped chalk boards that were also name cards. The little hearts have ribbon on the tops you can fasten them around the stem of your wine glass as you set the table. I love these chalk boards and they give the table a lovely vintage feel. To write names on the boards I invested in a packet of white crayola chalk.
==Price and availability==
The cost of a packet of 12 chalks is 90p which is cheap and I am happy to pay this sort of money for god quality chalk.
The chalks are packaged in the unmistakable Crayola yellow cardboard and sit neatly in the box with a flip top lid for access. They break easily so choose a packet from the back of the shelf. The chalks are around 4 inch long and less than half an inch wide. The chalks have a flat edge on either side. On holding the chalk a very small amount of chalk residue will be left on your fingers. The chalks are thick and easy to handle.
I find that the chalks are a little too flat to write with on the small chalk boards when I first open the packet so I have to sharpen them by filing away at one of the ends. I need a thinner point to be able to write neatly and legibly on the place card. As you press on, you will see the rich white lines cover the board nicely, you do not need to go over the lines and on the whole you do not even need to press on that much to make a good stroke. Some chalk is too hard and it is hard to get it to transfer on to the chalk board.
Afterwards, the chalk marks just rub off and with a damp cloth the boards look as good as new. As a child I was allowed to use chalk outside and cover some of the flag stones with chalk designs, afterwards the rain just washed the chalk away so there was no lasting damage but it was fun being able to chalk and draw outside; no other medium can be used in this way. We used to draw maps and hopscotches and overall had a lot of fun with the chalk. I now use for much more sophisticated purposes but I still remember the fun I used to have. Overall, a good product and a reliable one too.
Summary: A fun medium
More reviews in the field of Art / Craft
- Sticker pad but not many stickers
- For your Fashionista...
- Firework pictures anyone?
- Because "polymer clay" isn't the most memorable product name..
- A great number learning set
- Can I have a word...?
- Good quality table and chairs, once you manage to put it together...
- Berol broad fibre tipped pens
- Wheely good
- Try and RESIST this
- Wilko Wooden Craft Sticks Multicoloured
- Wilko Everyday Value Play Paper
- Wilko Feathers Assorted Colours
- Royal & Langnickel Engrave & Learn Fun Travel Book Famous Places of the World
- PMS Make Your Own Sock Kit
- Wilko Sew Your Own Sock Owl
- Play Doh MMC Mouskatools Kit
- Wilko Ready Mix Paint Assorted Colours
- Wilko Multi Coloured Glitter Glue
- Play Doh My First Desk with Accessory Pack