Product Type: DAS Art / Craft
Newest Review: ... need to worry about heating the oven up, which takes away the risk of burning (and the cost of the gas). So I'm perfectly happy to giv... more
Good for small objects
DAS Air Drying Clay
Member Name: MistyMaz
DAS Air Drying Clay
Advantages: Air Drying so a Kiln is not needed
Disadvantages: Difficult to work with, cracks a lot during drying process
I bought about 5 packs of this clay for a project i had in mind (which didn't turn out very well).
I was originally trying to make a headpiece/helmet type thing (don't ask why), but it was very difficult to do using this type of clay. I found it quite hard to work with as the clay itself is rather tough, it's also air drying clay so you have to work pretty fast or constantly add water to prevent it from drying too quickly. It was quite difficult trying to blend parts of the clay together because as it dried, it would break away or crumble, so i had to keep adding more clay to try and support areas that were falling apart.
During the drying process i noticed it was constantly cracking and for someone who doesn't really know much about clay it was difficult trying to avoid it. I did however use it for smaller creations such as making beads etc which worked absolutely fine; it dried a lot quicker and cracked a lot less.
Overall it's not a bad clay for those more smaller creations but i'd suggest working with other forms of clay or avoid air drying clay for more ambitious projects.
Summary: I would only recommend buying for smaller projects
More reviews in the field of Art / Craft
- Stamping fun!!!
- Not worth the money!!
- Messy fun
- Great non-splashing paints for little fingers
- Crayola Jumbo Crayons
- Wonderful craft activity for little girl
- Craft and toy in one - great gift for little girl
- If diamonds are a girls best friend... these would be a crafter's second choice
- This one packs a punch
- Pearls of wisdom???
- Thomas the Tank Engine Mega Sketcher
- Universe of Imagination Magnetic Drawing Board
- Mister Maker Craft Drum
- The Orb Factory Sticky Mosiacs - Butterfly
- Nicole Foam Glue
- DAS Terracotta Modelling Clay
- Small Wonders Ultimate Art Set
- Press Ice Tool Polka One
- Fireman Sam Travel Art Easel
- Chad Valley Giant Colouring Set