Product Type: Letraset Art / Craft
Newest Review: ... multiple hues of each colour, rather than just a single pen in each colour. Promarkers can be used on a variety of surfaces including c... more
An affordable marker with good results
Member Name: turkfox
Advantages: wide range of colours, easy to use
Disadvantages: bleeds easily, runs out quite quickly
I've been using these markers for several years. They create a nice inked look and come in a vast range of colours. They're easy to use and cost-effective for beginners or people who might not want to splash out on a very expensive brand on a hobby straight away.
There are a few small issues but nothing that can't be dealt with through practise:
- the colours don't always match up exactly with the outer casing of the pen so I have to keep a test sheet to hand to avoid using certain wrong colours.
- they tends to bleed very easily so it takes a bit of getting used to how close you can get to edges. They also don't create the smooth look as easily as other brands so you can sometimes find definite strokes that can be tricky to blend afterwards without darkening the colour.
- they're double-ended and one end usually runs out before the other even if you use both equally, so it can be hard to decide when to replace the current one.
Summary: A suitable, cheaper alternative to Copic
More reviews in the field of Art / Craft
- Pencils that perform and last!
- Better than on the walls!
- Explosion of colour fun for kids
- Encouraging little cooks
- Crayola Colour Explosion Dome
- It brings back memories
- Wilko Paint Pots Non Spill - Pretty good idea, - saves a lot of mess
- Stuck on these...2!
- Certainly made a 'mark' on me