Product Type: Pritt Art / Craft
Newest Review: ... is not bad value, and seeing as you are paying for a well branded product it's not too expensive. Packaging: The PVA glue comes in a b... more
Clear PVA for arts and crafts
Pritt Craft Glue PVA
Member Name: FridaysArePurple
Pritt Craft Glue PVA
Advantages: Sticky glue in an easy to use tube
Disadvantages: White glue is better for papier mache
I recently bought a bottle of this glue for scrapbooking. Until I saw this in a shop I was never even aware that Pritt made different varieties of glue other than the famous Pritt Sticks so it was the first time I have tried this product.
This is PVA craft glue but unlike other varieties available it is clear rather than white. It comes in a 135ml tube with a large twistable cap at the bottom. When it is new, the tip of the nozzle needs to be cut off with scissors to create the opening for the glue to come out. The advantage of this is that you can either cut very close to the end and make a small opening, or higher up the nozzle to make a larger opening so more glue can be squeezed out at a time, depending on your own preference.
The tube is easy to squeeze and because the nozzle is at the bottom the glue will always come straight out when the tube is squeezed so you don't have to shake the tube when it is running low. I have also never had any issues with the nozzle getting blocked.
I have found the glue to stick well when used on paper, card and photos. It is more difficult to use for papier mache than standard white-coloured PVA as when mixed with water you can only tell if it's the right consistency based on the texture and not the colour. However, it seems to stick just as well. I bought this in Sainsburys for around £2 and you can also get it in Rymans. I will rate this 4 stars as it is a good PVA glue but standard white glue is probably slightly easier to use than this transparent version.
Summary: A decent PVA glue for crafts
More reviews in the field of Art / Craft
- A simple drawing tool for little ones
- Hours and hours of creative fun
- Not Quite So Magic
- Color The World Blue, Yellow, Green, Red and All The Other Colors In My Box
- Chugga Chugga Choo Choo
- Hours of fun.
- Don't eat me
- Play-Doh - a great way of encouraging imaginative play
- Keep my little artist moving
- For our own Picasso
- Hama Beads Ironing Paper
- Hama Maxi Beads
- Amscan International Balloon Ribbon
- Lalaloopsy Paper Doll Fashion Kit
- Play-Doh Sweet Shoppe Frosting Fun Bakery
- Tim Holtz Philosophy Tags
- Matalan Christmas Write to Santa Letter Set
- Crayola Creations Hot Heels
- Marianne Design Craftables Die CR1217 Scandinavian House
- Marianne Design Creatables Die LR0115 Butterfly 3