Product Type: Tsukineko Art / Craft
Newest Review: ... is black and about as thick as a pen, with different shades or colours at each end. Each end has a clear removable lid. The Ink daubers ... more
Great for multi-colour rubber stamping!
Tsukineko Dauber Duos
Member Name: nixtee
Tsukineko Dauber Duos
Advantages: Many colours, compimenting colours on each Dauber Duo, colour 1 rubber stamp with more than 1 colour
Disadvantages: Sometimes hard to find
Tsukineko Dauber Duos are best described as mini ink pads in a little pen-like shape. At each end of the Dauber is a little ink pad and each Dauber has 2 colours. They always come in complimenting colours such as Silver & Gold, Black & White, Royal Blue & Lavender, Petal Pink & Orchid, etc. I think I have just about ever colour going!
I spotted these a couple of years ago when buying some rubber stamps. I have found that you don't always get a good coverage on the rubber stamp when using a pad, no matter how hard you press, plus you can only really use the one colour when using an ink pad (unless you have one of those funky rainbow pads). So I decided to try these Dauber Duos.
They retail for about £2.25 and so they're no more expensive than bog-standard ink pads. They come in many colours (as I said before, you get 2 colours per Dauber Duo), so I picked up a handful and came home to try them out with some new rubber stamps.
As they are small you can use a few different colours to "ink" a rubber stamp. For instance, I have a flower stamp, so I used my selection of Dauber Duos to ink the stamp - using red and pink to do the petals, yellow to do the centre and green to do the stem and leaves. I then pressed it the stamp onto the card and got a pretty flower image. Now, try doing that with your normal ink pad!
The ink pads on the Dauber Duos are very moist so you'll have no problem inking your stamps. You can also ensure full ink coverage without pressing too hard.
I originally found these in my local craft shop, but have also ordered them from thestampbug.co.uk in the past.
If you're a crafty person I'll sure you'll love these!
Summary: A different way of inking your rubber stamps.
More reviews in the field of Art / Craft
- Be amazed by your own creativity
- Great fun for adults and kids alike
- Splash the cash and dig the dough
- Spend a little doh to impress your Night Garden fans
- Got to stop...Hamma Time... Bead Tastic Fun...
- Smells Offal.....
- Perfect pencils?
- Creative fun
- Mess free way to get your child's creativity going
- Twisted Envy Rhinestone Diamante Crystal Iron On T Shirt Design Transfer Footbal ...
- Tim Holtz Philosophy Tags
- Mini Artist My First Crayons
- Mini Artist My First Hand and Foot Tray
- Mini Artist My First Load and Stamp Dough Set
- Mini Artist My First Mat and Dough Set
- Mini Artist My First Scribbler
- Matalan Christmas Write to Santa Letter Set
- Crayola Creations Hot Heels
- Marianne Design Craftables Die CR1217 Scandinavian House