Newest Review: ... than in the bin. Old ink cartridges are worth a few quid even when empty. Old cars I have bought seven and four old motorcycles. The... more
Ebay, buy sell and win!
Member Name: Dave24
Advantages: Great bargains to be had.
Disadvantages: Can be addictive!
Ebay is a site to sell and buy anything, and I mean anything (well almost).
Ebay started out a while back and was one of those very clever little ideas that suddenly grew into a multi million pound company in no time at all.
Yes you can shop on line and buy goods from retailers, but never has there been such an easy way to buy new/used goods from people all over the world together in one place.
Set up your account, and set up a paypal account too, which is the best and safest way to pay on ebay.
Items for sale can have one of three ways to be bought :
1) Bidding - You enter bids or your highest bid and hope to win the item when the listing ends.
2) Buy it now - As it states you buy the item for the listed price if there is one.
3) Make an offer - Sometimes sellers give you the otion to make an offer below their buy it now price. If thy accept you get the item for that price.
You can also sell your goods on ebay too. This is also relatively easy.
Put in a title of what it is your selling, write an accurate description and add a picture. As longas your truthful about the condition etc of your items you will have no problems.
You do have to pay a fee to ebay for selling items, firtsly to list an item, which is relatively cheap unless its £££'s. And the second is a % of the final value too. But all in all its great value for money. Spend a little to make more!
To ensure buyers and sellers know who is truthful and pay on time despatch goods etc there is a feedback system. This allows both parties to essentially rate each other about the transaction. You havea limited word count but there is enough to rate how it went.
And if something does go wrong there are many ways to sort it out now. You can contact the seller / buyer directly to sort out the issue. Then if this doesnt help you could go to the ebay chat boards, ask for help or search to find answers. And if this doesnt help paypal/ebay support can help you file a dispute. Paypal the preferred method of payment on ebay will talk with both parties. They will determine whether the transaction be refunded etc. This has been greatly improved and made ebay a much safer place to buy and sell.
Ebay a great place to buy and sell your stuff.
I have been a memeber for over 5 years and have always had pleasant dealings on this site. The same as millions of users. I have also bought items from all over the world too. I have sold my goods on here as well and its so much better than advertising in the newspaper or other websites.
Summary: A great site if you know what you want. Otherwise you'll buy crap!
More reviews in the field of Auction
- Abadoo Classiifeds Gets The ThumbsUp
- eBid the much better alternative to eBay
- There are alternatives to ebay and for me it has been ebid
- Anything you want, whenever you want,
- Ebay - Excellent most of the time
- Sell your goods!
- A great place to sell and buy second hand goods.
- A good earner if you know what to sell...
- A fair second site to E Bay