Newest Review: ... trilogy. The CD collection cost me £10.45 from Amazon (www.amazon.co.uk), which I thought was a very good price and a price that I was wi... more
Bella and Edward have been in my Car!
Twilight (Audio CD)
Member Name: mickr
Twilight (Audio CD)
Advantages: Can listen to the story in the car when driving!
Twilight Audio CD
We have all the Twilight series of books in our house and it isn't just me who is a huge fan. Therefore, it only seemed right to add an audio CD to the collection for times that I could not sit and read the book such as in the car.
I bought this CD from Amazon.com for about £9.00 which is a little more than I wanted to pay for it, though at the time found it hard to find a better price, hence the reason for going to dot com instead of dot co dot uk!
In brief, the synopsis of Twilight is as follows:
Seventeen Isabella (Bella) Swan moves to Forks to live with her father though she was not looking forward to it, until she began her new school. Here she meets an unusual group of family members who keep themselves to themselves until one icy day when one of the group, Edward, saves Bella from a truck hitting her. From then on, the two become close, even though Edward tries over and over to push Bella away, though soon Bella realises the very reason for this. Edward and his whole family are vampire and Edward knows just how dangerous that can be.
This audio story contains 11 CD's and runs for approximately 12-13 hours. At first I was surprised at the amount of CD's in this collection, though this is not really a problem as you still get over an hour on each CD and so are not changing the discs too often.
The author of the books is Stephanie Meyer, though the reader of the books for the audio CD is a lady called Ilyana Kadushin who has quite a strong American accent. This is not too much of a problem, though, apart from the odd word or phrase in which I have to listen more carefully. As I am used to watching many American shows, though, these odd words are few and far between for me. It would have been wrong having a British accented person read this book as it is set in America. Her tone flows nicely and I can relax whilst I listen to the story (relax as much as I can whilst driving!).
I own a few audio CD's though this is one of the first I bought from a book series I absolutely loved and the audio CD was certainly not a let down.
Summary: An excellent audio CD of an excellent story
More reviews in the field of Audio Book
- Solving crime in the Cotswolds
- Death on the Moor
- Llamas spitting rhymes like Jay-Z on Um Bungo
- I Still Say It's Easier to Point and Shout
- Waiting in the Wings
- The 8th Doctor encounters his old foes once more...
- One Minute After Midnight
- A book that brings back the innocence of childhood
- The Lost World
- Unfortunately Miranda, your audiobook is definitely not me.
- Armageddon - Max Hastings
- The Darling Strumpet - Gillian Bagwell
- Doctor Who: Horror of Glam Rock - Paul Magrs (CD)
- Is It Just Me? Miranda Hart - Audiobook
- Doctor Who: Hunters of Earth - Nigel Robinson
- Black and Blue (Audio CD)
- Wycliffe and the Pea-Green Boat (Audio CD)
- The Big Four (Audio CD)
- The Muffin Express and Other Stories (Audio CD)
- Teach Yourself Norwegian - Margaretha Danbolt Simons (Audio CD)