Product Type: Graco baby products
Newest Review: ... for teething. He will stay in this quite happily for the full 20 minutes (which is Graco's recommendation - only 20 minutes at a time).... more
My Little One goes Dotty for this...
Graco Discovery Walker
Member Name: lisajo
Graco Discovery Walker
Advantages: keeps my son occupied for a short time
Disadvantages: It does not last long at the rate of development - but this is for safety reasons
We bought the Graco Discovery Walker when our son was around 5 months old, well actualy, my mother - in - law did. We got it from our local baby equipment centre (Yew's Farm, Pailton - review to follow) and paid £39 for it. I choose this particular Walker because of the fabric design and colour, I think it is quite 'unisex' (and you never know for the future) and the pastel colours are not too overpowering like a lot of childrens toys are.
The Walker flat packs for easy compact storage and is height adjustable for your child. There do not appear to be more than two heights unfortunately. It is recommended for babies aged 6 months and over until they are able to walk, so in many cases will not last a particularly long time.
The seat fabric is removable and machine washable and the seat itself can spin around so that it faces away from the toys.
The toy centre straps on and can be removed easily leaving a play tray underneath. The centre itself features a spinning teddy bear mirror, which my son trys to eat. There is a space rocket which moves up and down, but is a little stiff for young babies; a spinning ball with ocntrasting colours. In the middle is a sterring wheel along with a horn. The sun moon and stars features are simply decorative and have no other functions. There are four musical buttons baby can press, each playing a different tune and importantly an 'off' switch.
My son really likes this, although at 9 months and nearly walking this is coming to the end of its life for us (until the next time).
I remember the first time we put him in it he went absolutely crazy for the teddy and still does now, he giggles at himself in the mirror and thinks its ears are for teething. He will stay in this quite happily for the full 20 minutes (which is Graco's recommendation - only 20 minutes at a time). He scoots around the living room with glee!
This was a good buy for us. It is a shame it will not last us for much longer. It is one of very few baby toys that are not an eyesore in our lounge because of the colours.
Summary: a good buy
More reviews in the field of Baby Activity
- MOTHERCARE ACTIVITY MAT
- Not really learning to walk
- Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy fun fun fun fun fun!!
- Graco swing - great for sleeping and playing
- Tomy Discovery Dome Deluxe: not worth the money.
- A vibrating play thing that's not just for Mummy!
- Zzzzz's for baby means Zzzzz's for dad....!
- A baby walker with a wonky wheel!!!!
- Almost indestructible, not Captain Scarlett but your child's first taste of free ...
- A Lifesaver
- EverEarth Activity Walker
- Concord Rio
- East Coast Rest & Play Swing
- Bright Starts Comfort and Harmony Bouncer
- Bright Starts Safari Play Mat
- Chicco Goodnight Stars Soft Musical Nightlight
- Tesco Baby Over the Moon Baby Activity Play Gym
- Chicco Paint Walker
- Mothercare Loved So Much Playmat and Gym
- Mamas & Papas Baby Snug with Play Tray