Product Type: Johnson's baby products
Newest Review: ... visitor I purchased this talc to dry in between his creases after a bath as he was getting sore. To start with I would just sprinkle a sma... more
Not Just For Babies!
Johnson's Baby Powder
Member Name: lynnmc
Johnson's Baby Powder
Advantages: lots of uses
Disadvantages: be careful not to inhale
This powder by Johnson & Johnson is a talcum powder which has various uses for babies and adults, Johnson's baby powder comes in various tub sizes. The latest one I bought is 200g. This costs £1.55 in Tesco's.
The 500g tub is better value at £1.95 in Tescos. Also available is a 100g tub and a 400g baby bedtime tub. I have often seen various sized tube of this in pound shops from time to time.
The powder comes in a cylinder shaped white plastic tub which stands up, there is a sticker over the holes in the end which is to be removed before use. The top then twists to open the holes and allow you to sprinkle the powder out and twists to seal the holes again so you can carry the powder around without the powder getting everywhere. The 100g tub is handy to keep in a baby changing bag as it is obviously smaller and lighter to carry around than a big one. As many new mothers will know there's a lot of things that need to be carted around with the babies so anything that saves space is useful.
The powder is lightly scented and just has the clean and fresh smell that comes with most talcs.
Uses for the powder
1. For babies, after a bath and changing a nappy, this is used to protect the skin, keeping it dry and cool.
2. My hubby gets red, sore feet and athletes foot, especially in the summer. Since he started putting a small amount of talc into his socks each morning it has improved a lot, helping to keep his feet dry and cool and reduce sweating.
3. Absorbs perspiration under the arms
4. Put on hair to take away the greasy look (I haven't tried this but I would wonder if you could see it on dark hair?)
5. Can prevent razor bumps if used after shaving
6. Basketball players use it to keep their hands dry
You are to be careful when using the powder as it can be dangerous if inhaled, especially in babies.
I tend to use it after a bath or shower, especially when I'm in a rush. It takes away any damp feeling on your skin and I find helps with perspiration and smells nice and clean and leaves your skin soft and dry.
Summary: I think this product is a must have in any household.
More reviews in the field of Baby Care
- Boots buds
- ~A Very Handy Buddy To Have~
- No more tangles and no more tears!
- What would I do without them?
- The turtles have got to go, Bro.
- Have always used Pampers baby dry on my daughter,
- Octopals are great fun
- Happy baby, happy mummy, try pampers!
- Baby Oil
- Gives you peace of mind whilst out and about