Product Type: Johnson's baby products
Newest Review: ... on the back. The packet is about 22cm long, 12cm in height and around 6cm in depth so it's quite compact and can easily be carried in a ... more
Bright Red Babys Bum
Member Name: bluemoon37
Date: 18/09/09, updated on 18/09/09 (76 review reads)
Advantages: Quality, Price when on offer.
Disadvantages: Not good on sensitive skin
Johnsons are a well known brand and commonly known to be a leader in baby products but I need to say I was left dissappointed.
I have a little baby and recieved a pack of wipes in the Bounty gift pack, which I was happy about knowing the reputation of Johnson. I started using them on baby and quickly her bottom turned red and sore and I had to stop using them and return back to water and cotton wool. I know they are meant to be very good but after reading the ingredients I found out they were highly perfumed and really not that great with sensitive baby skin.
I decided to give them one more go and bought a pack of the sensitive wipes but in actual fact I found them worst, they were really soapy and generally messy. I wanted to protect my babys skin, instead I was just causing her pain. I had to stop using them and I know I am not the only person. I did write a letter to Johnsons and I recieved a response about them.
However, if your baby is not sensitive to them, I do have to say they are good quality with 64 wipes in a pack at £2.50, they are more expensive than others but they are often on buy one get one free or half price. They are wet and do not fall to peices in your hands. they are good but just not suited to every baby.
I tend to avoid the wipes now but I do use other products in their range and we have had no adverse reaction so far. Obviously, I have mixed feelings after my babys reaction but then I have spolen to other mothers, who swear by them.
Summary: I wouldn't rush out to buy them but they are worth a try.
More reviews in the field of Baby Bath
- Well thank goodness he is wearing armbands!
- Fantastic, reliable nappy wraps
- johnsons baby wipes
- If you have to wipe someones bum....
- Johnson's Softwash Body Wash-it's not just for babies
- Huggies baby wipes
- Change what you mean by clean
- Float Your Boats
- Not the easiest wipes to get out of the pack
- Lovely gel but no miracle for stretchmarks!
- Tesco Baby Bedtime Lotion
- Johnson's Baby Clean And Protect Wipes
- Fisher Price Winnie the Pooh Bath Boat
- Early Learning Centre Cup Cake Baby Bath
- Huggies Pull Ups Night Time
- Nature Babycare Nappies
- Nature Babycare Eco Bio Wet Wipes
- Nature Babycare Eco Bio Nappybags
- Nature Babycare Eco Bio Nappy Pants
- Tummy Tub