Product Type: Tesco baby products
Newest Review: ... to give it a try. I noticed that it is not as moisturising as the typical Baby Oil range but it is more suitable for more sensitive ... more
baby oil for boobs & bums!
Tesco Baby Oil
Member Name: donnaford
Tesco Baby Oil
Date: 14/12/01, updated on 14/12/01 (241 review reads)
Advantages: Lovely soft skin
Disadvantages: The smell
And anywhere else you’d like to put it I guess!
I'd never used baby oil until this weekend - not sure why but I'd heard of it as being a good moisturiser and useful for massage ;o)
Baby oil is very versatile. It can be used on adults or babies, for moisturising, massage and it even shines up bedside tables!
Uses for baby oil:
* Rub on your baby after a bath to lock in moisture. Baby oil helps to prevent nappy rash
* Use on yourself after a bath/shower to lock in moisture and maintain baby soft skin!
* some bath baths contain baby oil
* use it on your baby's scalp when they have cradle cap (massage the oil into the baby's scalp then comb flakes out)
* use it on cotton wool to remove make up (although I got some on my face by accident & my face hates it!)
* can be used as a lubricant if you are on the pill (though never in conjunction with condoms)
* use it to clean your baby hedgehog ?!?! I got this from a site on baby hedgehogs – I didn’t just make it up.
* to help prevent stretch marks during pregnancy
* add baby oil to eye shadow to use on your skin to give it a shimmer
* polishing your bedside table! (I spilt some and wiped it off - it left it shinier than furniture polish does!)
* mix the baby oil with water and apply in the shower - leaves skin less oily and makes the baby oil last longer
* INEEL (Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory) researchers use baby oil and lasers to study airflow on wings
Baby oil takes a while to soak in so pop on something you don’t mind getting the oil on while it does that. Once it does you will be left with noticeably softer skin.
I don’t have a baby so I can only comment on its effectiveness for adults, but I do have sensitive skin. The bottle says this baby oil is for delicate skin and is hypoallergenic. It didn’t cause any irritation on me and left my skin silky s
The one disadvantage about Tesco baby oil is the smell (parfum in the ingredients). It smells somewhat like baby lotion. It can be a bit overpowering, but probably because we (yes, you read that right) used a lot. I used it after the bath to lock in moisture then decided to give my boyfriend a massage with it.
Whatever you decide to use it for, enjoy!
- Prince Lionheart weePOD Basix
- Teamson Magic Garden Potty Chair
- Jahgoo Step Stool
- Teamson Princess Potty Chair
- Teamson Prince Potty Chair
- Tommee Tippee Sangenic Hygiene Plus Starter Pack
- Tommee Tippee Sangenic Nursery Essentials Tub
- VTech Bath Friends Turtle
- VTech Octobubble Orchestra
- Tippitoes Changing Box