Product Type: Vaseline baby products
Newest Review: ... the lips and it doesn't drip from the fingers because it is thick in consistency and not runny. Is like a thick jelly feel. It has no smel... more
more than just a pot of goo
Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly
Member Name: mmepapillon
Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly
Advantages: lots and lots and lots of uses
Disadvantages: gooey and sticky
I personally do not like Vaseline. It is goo. It is sticky. It smells weird. You can't wash it off easily. It gets everywhere. It tastes horrible. It is petroleum jelly! But it's cheap, and seeing as most reviews have commented on its flavour, aroma, taste and price I thought I would comment on some possible alternative uses for the stuff people seem to know and love.
- It helps to ease new tattoos - I'm not certain of it's healing properties but it certainly moisturises and prevents cracking
- Put it on a door frame for expanded stiff doors, it helps them glide open with ease
- Apparently putting it on your eyelashes helps them grow. I'm not convinced but putting a layer under mascara certainly helps lashes look longer and thicker.
- Spread a load around your forehead and ears when dying your hair to prevent stains on your skin
- Lip therapy
- Lube - obviously!
- Mix it with sand/salts and make your own exfoliating scrub
- Help to get stuck rings off
- Helps nappy rash
- Mix it with sand and vinegar to assist cleaning tough stains
- Add it to your favourite lipstick when it's nearly run out to make it go further - this is fab
- Apply it over lipstick to add gloss
- Use it with eyeshadow to help it stick longer and add a shimmer shine - beware though, only a little is needed as it gets stuck in the creases if too much is used
- Put it all over hands and feet and cover with gloves and socks over night - it will hekpo to moisturise
- Apply it to eyebrows so they stay perfectly shaped and not stray!
- Use it on newly pierced ears to assist turning of studs, and even use after when getting earrings in and out of holes
- Use on body piercings to prevent them drying out
- Use it to soothe chapped skin from adverse weather, or even apply it before going out to prevent chapping
- Sticks split ends together temporarily
- Applying to eyebrows before plucking can soothe the pain!
- Rub a small amount onto leather bound books to perk them up
- Use some on nipples after feeding if they are sore - although be careful it is wiped thoroughly before the next feed!
- Apply to stiff zips to help them close
Some ideas! Good old vaseline! Every household should have some.
Summary: comes in handy with almost anything
More reviews in the field of Baby Bath
- Lotion for me and my baby
- Bathtime for baby
- Johnsons Bedtime Cream...Not For Babies! For Me!!
- Not to be sniffed at.
- Bag yourself a bargain
- Tesco ultra dry nappies - great day time nappies!
- A Flexible Bathing Solution
- Alex Rub A Dub Sticker Farm Fun for the bath - great idea for bathtime!
- Soft as a Baby's Bottom
- A flimsy wipe, no better than store own brand but twice the price