Product Type: Vaseline baby products
Newest Review: ... the lips and it doesn't drip from the fingers because it is thick in consistency and not runny. Is like a thick jelly feel. It has no smel... more
So Many Uses in One Small Tub!- What can you use Vaseline for?
Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly
Member Name: jeremyjiao
Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly
Advantages: Many uses
Disadvantages: None that matter
Finally, something you can use guilt free; Vaseline's Pure Petroleum Jelly! The big difference from this and other cosmetic products is that it's 100% natural so you don't have to worry about smearing chemicals around your face... and its good for you too!
Just a little bit on the product before I move on to its many uses...
Normally, I can obtain this from most drug stores and super markets for around one pound for a relatively big 100g tub of Vaseline. Compare this to what you pay for one tiny tin of lip balm or a small tube of lip gloss and you will see how much of a good value product this is.
This is a very useful, lubricating jelly that has multiple uses (explored below). It has a soft, jelly like paste texture and it is very easy to apply by merely using your finger. A pot like this lasts you for several months, even if you are a regular user.
ANY DOWNSIDES? :
- When you are nearing the end of your tub, you have to extort yourself to get that very last bit of Vaseline out so you don't waste it.
- Not sure how much of a downside this is, but if you are using it as a lip balm, it is very flavourless (as in it does not taste of much at all, but yet is not unpleasant) unlike other lip balms; however what else do you expect from an 100% natural product?
- Even though an 100g tub is by no means huge or super heavy, it is more advisable to purchase the tin for when you are travelling and on the go a lot of the time; though this is less of a financial investment than simply purchasing a tub.
And now, for the uses of Vaseline, which you will see is more extensive than you think...
* Of course, the first and most widely used use of Vaseline is as lip balm- something totally natural you can apply to your lips guilt free. Also, if you accidentally eat it, it does not do you any harm, so good for use on young children as well! ...But I am by no means suggesting that you should take up eating this as comfort food- it would be disgusting. Vaseline is brilliant at mending chapped or broken lips, and is more effective than most lip balms.
* For your eyelashes: now, as a believer of all natural cosmetic techniques weird and wonderful (and perhaps ones that do not work), after I heard the rumour that applying Vaseline on your eyelashes can make them fuller and longer, I decided to try it out at once, and it seemed to work for me after applying it before I went to sleep daily for a few weeks. Of course it was slightly difficult to apply it as it comes in a tub with no brush, but I managed- and anyway, you can purchase unused mascara wands from your drug store for a fair price, I suspect. So it is like a natural, cheap eye lash serum in the making, without all those chemicals that are bad for your eyes in the long term. Also, if this slips in your eye, it does not pain you like an eye lash serum brush would, but just makes your vision slightly blurry before rinsing it, quite safely, out.
* Being a natural lubricant, this can be used as a form of grease. Believe it or not, my friend actually used Vaseline to grease their slightly rusty bike chain- it was rather effective too, though not as much so as just using grease- still, a cheap, handy alternative!
* Vaseline can make your skin softer! For example, at a period of time the skin on my elbows was rather dry and chapped- after a coating each night for several nights, my elbows became softer. I am sure this can work for anywhere that is a little chapped or dried out.
* My friend, who plays the french horn, used it to grease the inside of the instrument and mouthpiece. I am not sure what this was for, but apparently it works quite well- though I am not an expert on french horns!
* I regularly apply Vaseline on myself before spraying on perfume- this makes it much more long lasting, so there is less of a need for reapplication!
* If you apply petroleum jelly on your teeth, this stops your lipstick from sticking on it, so you can wave good bye to red marked teeth. I tried this once- it worked but nonetheless it DID feel a bit weird, like for some reason I was trying to moisturise my teeth. I was just concentrating on not swallowing it, even though, as I have mentioned before, it would have done me little harm.
* Believe it or not, Vaseline can be used to remove minor stains, like make up and other minor spillages- just apply a little finger-sized dab and scrub.
* This can be used to condition hair at the roots, and if applied to the tips, can help hide unwanted split ends.
In conclusion, Vaseline really DOES have a multitude of uses, and for such good value, it is a brilliant thing to have around the house. Because of this, I am pleased to award it with 5 stars
Summary: Brilliant petroleum jelly, has SO many uses
More reviews in the field of Baby Bath
- Fab wipes for your Little Angel.
- I'm not a baby, but these are handy!!!! :)
- Safe and fun way to bath
- our night nappy solution
- Bepanthen - the last but effective choice in nappy rash treatment!
- These Keep My Baby Ultra Dry
- Soothing sore bums
- Pampers Simply Clean Wipes - simply clean up at £1 in the £1shop
- MeTime Cotton Buds
- tesco value nappies....small in price, great in quality
- Lollipop Lane Herbs Garden Bath Set
- Lollipop Lane Pumpkin & Popsicle Bath Set
- Lollipop Lane Upsy Daisy Bath Set
- Lollipop Lane Fish and Chips Bath Set
- Lollipop Lane Tiddly Wink Safari Bath Set
- Baby Elegance Every Day Tote
- Brother Max Sponge Bath Rattle
- Brother Max Bath Toy Brush
- Chicco Spin N Squirt Duckling
- Brother Max Wear-Me Bath Rattle