Product Type: VTech baby products
Newest Review: ... me but I found these really tricky to push in! Something that should surely be simple! It already came with batteries so it was ready ... more
A singing fish!
VTech Sing And Splash Fish
Member Name: Ninski1
VTech Sing And Splash Fish
Advantages: Fun for a while
Disadvantages: Annoying songs
My Mum picked up the V Tech Sing and Splash Fish for my son in Asda for £5 about 18months ago and having looked on the Amazon website I can see that it is currently retailing for £7.50.
The fish is recommended for children aged 6 months upwards, comes with a 1 year warranty, is 8 X 16 X 12 cms and weighs 0.4kg.
The fish comes packaged in a cardboard box and has 2 x AAA batteries, all you need to do is attached the fins and its ready to play with. The fins are very easy to attach, as they just push into place.
The fish is made of plastic and he has an orange body with two white stripes, his fins are also orange and his tail is yellow and doubles up as a handle. On top of his head is a see through yellow fin which lights up when the toy is in action, on his body is a blue oval button with the numbers 1, 2 and 3 on and there is also a small round button which you use to switch the fish on and off.
To play with the fish you switch him on and fill him with water by dunking him in the bath or paddling pool and as you use the yellow handle to pour the water out of fish he sings 2 different melodies, if you press the blue oval button he sings a numbers song. The songs are very annoying, quite high pitched, repetitive and tinny sounding, though my son used to quite like them. You can muffle the songs by immersing the fish back into the water. The fish also makes a gurgling watery noise and a sound that is a bit like he is giggling.
My son enjoyed playing with the fish when he first got him but the novelty soon wore off and he much prefers to just play with a plastic beaker and a plastic boat, that are not hi-tech. Overall I would give this bath toy 3 stars, it is well made and durable, we have had it for around 18 months and the batteries are still going though it is only used about once per week and it looks nice, but I find the songs incredibly annoying and my son much prefers to play with simpler bath toys.
Summary: Ok bath toy with annoying songs
More reviews in the field of Baby Care
- Dentinox cradle cap shampoo - effective treatment with perseverance
- Johnson's Conditionner - no more battles with comb
- The adventures of under the bath water
- Tesco Baby Ultra Soft Wipes
- Wouldn't be suitable for my little angel if I had one!
- Bedtime Shampoo
- Cute but doesn't do a lot!
- Very helpful, even if not strictly necessary
- Baby Soft Skin? Use Baby Talc!
- Its a miracle worker!
- Safety 1st Slip Resistant Bath Mats
- Munchkin Wonder Waterway
- Munchkin Tug Along Boat
- John Lewis Happy Duck Family
- Disney Winnie the Pooh Bath Chair
- Little Lamb Baby Shower Hamper
- Munchkin Bath Fun Monster Truck
- Munchkin Caterpillar Spillers
- Green People Baby Wash & Shampoo Lavender
- Mamas & Papas Zeddy & Parsnip Musical Changing Mat