Product Type: Baby Bjorn baby products
Newest Review: ... - cotton for comfort against your baby's skin, mesh for a more breathable fabric in warmer weathers or organic cotton. The carrier is suit... more
Baby Wearing up to 5'ish months
Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier
Member Name: shineymine
Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier
Advantages: Easy to use when baby is under a stone
Disadvantages: pinches shoulders and backbar fiddily
We bought a Baby Bjorn and absolutely loved it for the first few months. After 5 months though we had to graduate to something more ergonomically sound. We used it initially when our daughter was only 3 weeks old and she loved it- we used it for walking all over town and hiking all over the downs and she was so sung and happy. I have to say baby wearing is a fantastic way to transport baby! It totally beats pushing a buggy on a busy Saturday morning trying to negotiate through the crowds!
When my daughter reached about 15 pounds it started to become difficult to carry her in the Bjorn. There is a crossbar on the backstraps that are a little fiddly- if you don't position them exactly where they need to be the carrier will really pinch your shoulders and it's not comfortable at all. I also noticed that the heavier she became the more often the fiddly crossbar would actually move while we were out and it's near to impossible to adjust it on your own unless you take the baby out which is a big hassle really.
The baby is also "suspended" basically by their crotch which I can't imagine would be super comfortable.
The pros are that the baby can be facing in towards you or outwards to see the world (after they can hold their head up on their own). My daughter really liked this aspect as she became more aware of her surroundings.
Summary: Good baby wearing apparatus but shop around for something that will last longer
More reviews in the field of Baby Carrier
- Access all areas with the four way red kite carrier
- The Most Amazing Baby Carrier!
- No more bad backs!
- Littlelife Explorer Child Carrier - a must for keen walking families
- Mothercare Two Way Carrier - as good as its more expensive rivals
- An unfortunate carry on!
- For babies on the go: a carrier worth the high price tag
- a natural way to carry baby
- perfect for a fussy baby
- Safe sleeping for a precious bundle
- Ergo Baby Original Baby Carrier
- Ergo Baby Performance Infant Insert
- Red Kite Carry Me 4 Way Baby Carrier
- Ergo Baby Original Doll Carrier
- Cybex First.Go carrier
- Ergo Baby Performance Baby Carrier
- Ergo Baby Organic Infant Insert Organic
- Ergo Baby Original Teething Pads
- Ergo Baby Original Infant Insert
- Boba Wrap