Product Type: Ergobaby baby products
Newest Review: ... time and money on other slings because I thought at around £100 the ergo was too expensive, but it really was a lifesaver, and here's why:... more
Great baby carrier for fussy babies and active families.
Ergobaby Ergo Baby Carrier
Member Name: eeyore24
Ergobaby Ergo Baby Carrier
Advantages: Lightweight, comfortable, padded and secure
Disadvantages: Cost, can be awkward to get baby into initially.
I bought this sling for my 10 month old, predominantly to use on family days out and holidays.
My son loves to be carried and I've used a variety of slings from birth as a way to keep him happy whilst the chores get done! Of all the slings/carriers I've used, this is probably my favourite. It is comfy to wear and feels secure and DS loves it and normally falls asleep very quickly.
The waistband is padded and has an adjustable buckle - just one of several safety features in the Ergo. The arms are also padded and there is a clip to fit across the chest which again helps to keep the carrier secure and also distribute the weight evenly.
The only downside for this carrier is getting it on. It can take several attempts and a lot of practice to get the baby in and get it on securely - particularly with a wriggly toddler. Because of this, I tend to use the front carry if I need to put it on in public (e.g. after getting out the car). I prefer the back carry (I find it more comfortable) but find it harder to get into unless I get someone to help or with a bit of wriggling at home.
There is an integrated sleep hood which folds down. I'm sure some babies love this but my DS doesn't. It's still a nice inclusion though.
On the whole, I would thoroughly recommend this carrier. I recently used it on holiday and it was a godsend - no bulky buggies to take through the airport and DS could stay safe and snug throughout. Also prevents tired arms from carrying him. I can comfortably wear it for long periods of time, but this was after many adjustments of the various straps - if you are finding it uncomfortable, keep playing with it as it should feel great!
These are quite expensive but it's proved invaluable for us. For family walks or fussy babies it can make life a lot easier. The straps and buckles also ensure you and your baby feel 'safe' and secure. I have found it to be a better investment than a cheap buggy and have definitely got my money's worth!
Summary: A great investment baby carrier for families and good for mum and dad
More reviews in the field of Baby Carrier
- A fabulous carrier for a child and adult alike
- A bulky but quality carry cot
- Comfort and peace for little ones
- Fantastic design - the new Comfort Carrier!!
- Baby Carrying Made Easy
- Great looking carrier for older babies - if you can get on with a sling-type car ...
- Want to know which carriers best - put the Baby Bjorn to the test
- Baby Bjorn is Snug and Warm!
- Amazing sling by BabaSling, much better than a carrier
- This is a great versatile sling, lots of options and so comfortable for parent a ...
- Boba Wrap
- LittleLife Cross Terrain Child Back Carrier
- LittleLife All Terrain Child Back Carrier
- LittleLife Discoverer Child Back Carrier
- Britax Jockey Comfort Bike Seat
- Wallaboo Suede Baby Sling
- Britax Baby Carrier
- Wallaboo Cotton Baby Sling
- TheBabaSling 5-Position Sling
- Tomy Verona 4 Way Baby Carrier