Product Type: Hippychick baby products
Newest Review: ... at constantly carrying around a small child. I'd previously tried carriers and slings at various stages but none of them suited us. I ... more
A very good hip seat, but is a hip seat that much use really?
Hippychick Baby Belt
Member Name: masterchef98
Hippychick Baby Belt
Advantages: Very easy to use
Disadvantages: Limited use, only very short journeys and don't have both hands free
After doing some research I decided to buy a Hippychick from ebay for about £20 when my son was about 10 months old as an introduction to babywearing and as I didn't want to be taking the pushchair everywhere.
Initially I thought it was great, it is very easy to put on and to put your baby on but after only about a ten minute walk I found that my leg was hurting slightly and I was getting a bit fed up of carrying him like that (maybe I just walk funny).
I do use it occasionally and it is certainly better than carrying my baby with no help but find that it is quite limited and only useful for very short journeys and where I won't need both hands. I have since bought a baby carrier suitable for toddlers this can be rolled up and used as a hipseat and in that case isn't nearly as good as a Hippychick, however using it as a back (or even front for short journeys) carrier is much more comfortable and useful than the Hippychick as I have both hands free.
One other advantage of the Hippychick over just carrying your baby is that mine seems less inclined to try and throw himself out of my arms onto the floor when we're using it.
Summary: I'm thinking of selling it again and just sticking with my baby carrier
More reviews in the field of Baby Carrier
- If buckles are your thing & you like to carry on your hip
- Great sling for active babies & toddlers
- Great for newborn stage
- No use to me
- Love it, love it, love it
- Great value but mainly for short use
- The "Elmo" aka Ergobaby carrier
- Baby bjorn - for daddy, baby and me!
- Mai Tai? My tie needs more skill...
- perfect for a fussy baby
- Red Kite 3 Way Carrier
- Ergo Baby Performance Baby Carrier
- Ergo Baby Organic Infant Insert Organic
- Ergo Baby Original Teething Pads
- Ergo Baby Original Infant Insert
- Wallaboo Cotton Baby Sling
- TheBabaSling 5-Position Sling
- Chicco You and Me Physio Baby Carrier
- Chicco Soft and Dream Carrier
- BabyBjorn Miracle Baby Carrier