“ Manufacturer: JoJo Maman Bébé / Clothing Type: Tops „
I bought my daughter these polo necks from JoJo Maman Bebe back in january.
They cost £11 for one but if you buy 2 you can save £5. I think this is a permanent offer.
The tops are made out of 97% cotton and 3% elastane and are washable at 30. The tops are lovely and soft and are very comfortable to wear. My daughter loves wearing them and they seem to keep her warm and snug. They have a long neck which gets folded down to create extra warmth, and long sleeves which are slightly tapered at the ends.
The top comes in sizes 6- 12 months, 12-18, 18-24, 2-3 years, 3-4, and 4-5 years. The sizing is very good. My daughter was 5 so I was a bit dubious about getting her the 4-5 in case she didn't get much wear out of it but I needn't have worried. It is very generous in the width of the chest and the sleeves are a good length. I would imagine it will still fit her by the time this winter comes around.
The colours are quite pretty, each top is striped but the stripe is very small and quite subtle. The colours are navy stripe, cream stripe, navy ecru stripe and pink stripe. The only problem I have with this is that there is not more variety in the colours as I am fed up of my daughter wearing pink and she is quite pale so tends to look washed out in darker colours.
The material and quality is very good, just what you would expect from this company. I thought that the price was good as the quality is high and the top hasn't lost its shape at all. The neck is very stretchy so it fits easily over the head but it instantly springs back into shape.
I would recommend these tops to anyone as they are well made and extremely comfortable to wear.
Three years ago I bought two polo-neck/turtleneck tops from JoJo Maman Bebe to protect my older son's neck from the wind as his scarf did not do it properly. We lived in an area which was quite windy; there were not too many buildings in that part of the town to create a protective barrier. I myself also have two of the turtleneck tops and wear them when the weather is rough.
When we got the tops I could see immediately that they were made of a very good quality material. The tops are made of 97% Cotton and 3% Lycra® elastane for pulling-on easily. I recommend the JoJo Maman Bebe polo-neck tops because of the following factors:
- The material is pleasantly soft.
- The quality is very high. They have been washed many times and the cotton still looks very good.
- The tops will protect your child's neck on a windy and cold day; my son often wears it to his pre school as he forgets to put a scarf on and so the teachers. At least I know he is not going to be cold.
- Your child can easily wear them for two years because the tops are generously made for its size. They are also not tight which is good if you want to put another long-sleeved top underneath.
- They also protect your child's neck from a zip (if you wear a jacket with a zip on the top of this one). When my younger son sits in his pushchair the zip on his jacket comes very close to his neck but his polo-neck top protects it from rubbing. He feels very cosy in it when we are doing our weekly grocery shopping.
There is, however, one thing which I do not like about this polo-neck top; it is the label which rubs the skin of the child's neck. So, you have to cut it off carefully. But this is a very tiny problem.
The tops come in four different colours: navy/ecru, pink/fuchsia, grape/fuchsia, ecru and six sizes (6-12 months, 12-18 months, 18-24 months, 2-3 years, 3-4 years, 4-5 years). See them here: http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/img/pic/swatches/b2203.htm
One top costs £11.00 and you can save £5 if you buy two tops.
You can buy these tops on a winter sale at the end of December. The sale is very good and the postage is free. Let me know if you know other retailers selling similar quality turtleneck tops.
Good luck and thank you for reading my review.