Product Type: Hipp food products
Newest Review: ... can serve them another day and have not wasted it.† I started my little boy on Hipp baby rice and so I have decided to stick with the Hipp... more
Baby rice pudding
Hipp Organic Rice Pudding
Member Name: Whizz11
Hipp Organic Rice Pudding
Advantages: Organic, tasty?
I am in the weaning process with my little boy and its going well. In general I make all of my little boys food, I am an expert at cooking and blending up carrots, apples, butternut squash etc. However, when we go out for the day I am a bit cautious about taking food out for a long time and not being able to refrigerate it properly and so for times when we are out and about I like to take jars of baby food with me. The great thing about these is that they are sealed and protected until you open them so you can cart them around and then if for any reason you don't use them you can serve them another day and have not wasted it.†
I started my little boy on Hipp baby rice and so I have decided to stick with the Hipp jars of baby food. They are a little bit more expensive than other brands probably due to the fact that they are organic but he seems to really like them and so do I so I am sticking with this brand. We have done well with the baby rice so we are moving slowly onto other foods and I thought one of the best flavours to start him on was a rice pudding as this is quite near to just regular baby rice and probably an easy meal to digest.
To me, rice pudding is probably the most horrible thing you can eat but my little boy loves this one. Now, I actually haven't tried it myself so I cannot comment on the flavour but I can on the colour and consistency. This is a very very light yellow, off white colour and has the consistency of thick glue. The mixture is quite thick and gloomy and it is not very exciting but babies really like bland foods at this age and my sons seems to really like it. I don't think it would be a jar that we rely on for a long time, I think this will just do for the next couple of weeks before he moves onto more sophisticated tastes and flavours but to start with this is really great. The ingredients listed in this jar are†Organic milk (65%), organic cooked rice (19%), water, organic wholegrain rice flakes, calcium carbonate, thiamin (vitamin B1), vitamin A, vitamin D. So, as you can see its pretty pure with not much in it but I like that fact and feel happy serving it to my son.
The jar this rice pudding comes in has a safety lid that pops up when you first open the jar so you know it has not been tampered with which gives you really nice peace of mind in my opinion. A 190g jar costs £0.79 which I don't think is too bad.†
Summary: Hipp rice pudding
More reviews in the field of Baby Food
- Ella's Kitchen Carrot, Apple and Parsnip - a great place to start
- Bebivita Fruity Breakfast Cereal - yum yum, nom nom
- Cow and Gate Sunny Start Wheaty Biscuits - for mums keen to keep hold of their o ...
- Bickiepegs - they don't make them like they used to - no really they actually do ...
- Hipp Butternut Squash and Chicken - goes down well with my daughter!
- Perfect for little hands
- Thumbs up from us
- Farleys Rusks Reduced Sugar
- BLAND AND TASTELESS
- Cow & Gate Multigrain Banana Porridge
- Organix Finger Foods Organic Banana Rice Flakes
- Organix Finger Foods Organic Strawberry Rice Cakes
- Hipp Organic Banana & Peach Breakfast
- Heinz Pear & Apple Smoothie
- Cow & Gate Baby Balance Grandma's Sunday Lunch
- Cow & Gate Baby Balance Juicy Fruit Crumble
- Cow & Gate Baby Balance Mediterranean Vegetables & Lamb
- Cow & Gate Baby Balance Red Pepper Tuna
- Cow & Gate Baby Balance Spaghetti Bolognese