Product Type: Aston & Parsons baby products
Newest Review: ... I was pretty sceptical about the amber so poped down to my local chemist to purchase a packet of these! They come in little paper packet... more
Aston & Parsons
Member Name: elaine_cart1
Aston & Parsons
Advantages: Good price, works quickly, tackles upset stomach as well
Disadvantages: sachets can be a bit fiddly!
When my daughter started teething I was advised by our health visitor to get a powder rather than a gel as the gel only works the specific area you have put it on, but the powder when placed on the tongue works the whole mouth, and also you can give them calpol when they have had the powder.
I went to our local lloyds chemist and was shocked to see how many different powders there was! The shop assistant strongly recommended Ashton & Parsons, she said it is an old remedy and they constantly sell out of these because they are so popular. The packet looked a bit basic and old fashioned but decided to give it a go!
The powder is a herbal remedy and contains nothing harmful.
The powders come in little sachets but be careful when you unfold as the powder can easily come out.
The dose is half a sachet for under 6 months and a full sachet for over 6 months. My daughter is under 6 months and trying to only give half a sachet is a bit of a nightmare! I think they could do with selling packs for under six months with smaller sachets seperately so the dosage can be easier to give.
Once you have managed to give them the powder it works wonders! She stops crying within 10 minutes, the upset stomach settles down and she calms down! I have tried one other brand which didn't have as good effect so I soon returned to Ashton & Parsons.
You are looking at about £2-3 for a pack so it is not expensive at all!
Would highly recommend this product as I'm sure all you other mothers out there know how much a nightmare teething can be!
Summary: Would highly recomend good remedy!
More reviews in the field of Baby Health
- Tesco Loves baby - cotton buds - not just for babies
- A puzzle with a hard edge!
- No, no, no - my daughter hated this product!
- It's certainly a puzzle ....why should you buy it?
- Curious about Teething Powders?
- A cute soothing snail teether toy
- Keep your little ones safe in the sun!
- Icybite's Review
- Teething Powder Review
- no more coughing
- Bentley Organic Mother & Baby Hand Sanitizer
- NUK Sensitive Breast Pump
- Sebamed Baby Cleansing Bar
- Sebamed Baby Cream Extra Soft
- Sebamed Baby Lotion
- 4Little1 Baby Nose-Clear Inhaler Dummy
- Seven Seas Trying For A Baby
- Johnson's Baby Nursing Pads
- Vitabiotics WellKid Multi-Vitamins Baby Drops
- Dentinox Infant Colic Drops