Product Type: Mothercare baby products
Newest Review: ... plastic handles and have small stainless steel blades with rounded edges. I found that the scissors were a bit bulky to use with her finge... more
Baby nail scissors
Mothercare Baby Nail Scissors
Member Name: Whizz11
Mothercare Baby Nail Scissors
Advantages: Small, cut well
One of the baby jobs that always falls to me in our house is cutting my little boy and girls nails. My husband refuses to do it, he says its too fiddly and he is afraid of nicking their little fingers and making them bleed. He winces when he sees me do it too but as of yet I have never drawn blood and the process is easy for me.
I have a pair of baby scissors from Mothercare as you would be foolish if you tried to do them with anything else. Their nails are so small and thin and sometimes all you need to do, especially with my little boys nails as they are still those thin baby nails, is to make a little cut and then the paper thin nail will pull off itself.
What I like about these scissors is that they are small and perfectly made for little hands and even smaller nails. If you have ever tried to cut nails with adult scissors then you will know it just does not work. The blade doesn't even touch the nails or come close to them so you really need specially made baby scissors which is what these are. Mothercare say that these scissors have small blades and rounded ends which are designed for extra safety and are just the right size for baby's tiny finger and toe nails. The small blades I find really fit against the nails and you can almost get the scissors so they are underneath the nail and then you know you are going to be able to cut well and not get the top of their finger as well. My little boy wriggles around so much so to know that I am able to catch the nail quickly and efficiently with these scissors is great.
The handles are nice too and have a plastic coating around them so you can grip onto them. They never slip out of my hands even though I am wrestling with a toddler too. The holes are fairly round and large so I can get my fingers in them well. I think I bought these for about £2 which is perfect as they have served me well and are a good addition to your bath time grooming routine.
Summary: Mothercare baby nail scissors
More reviews in the field of Baby Health
- BrushBaby Chewable toothbrush - the answer for babies that hate getting their te ...
- Calgel - another helping hand at dealing with teething!
- Calgel Teething Gel
- Boots paracetamol for 3 montsh plus - just as good as Calpol but cheaper!
- They look like a good idea....
- Perfect size suncare for kids if we ever have a summer!
- Baby cotton buds - not just for babies
- Does not work on Ulcers
- Dinosaur Magic sun lotion spray!
- Quick and Easy Sun Protection
- Snuffle Babe Vapour Rub
- Mothercare Medicine Dispenser
- Bright Starts Starry Teether
- Braun 4520 Thermoscan Ear Thermometer
- Sebamed Baby Cleansing Bar
- Sebamed Baby Cream Extra Soft
- Sebamed Baby Lotion
- 4Little1 Baby Nose-Clear Inhaler Dummy
- 4Little1 Baby Nose-Clear Nasal Aspirator
- ETI Digital Ear Thermometer