Product Type: Woodward's baby products
Newest Review: ... wind more so if you used it in every feed it may not last as long. The product is aimed at babies to help stop the pain of stomach ache... more
Gripe Water - great relief for wind!
Woodwards Gripe Water
Member Name: flowerpot19
Woodwards Gripe Water
Advantages: Cheap and works really well
Disadvantages: not suitable for babies under 1 month
Out of all the things I purchased for my daughter, I didn't count on Gripe Water being the most useful! Gripe Water is a product for babies who suffer with Colic and trapped wind. You should be able to purchase it from most supermarkets and chemists for around £3 a bottle. It is only for babies 1 month or older.
Now my daughter did not suffer with colic but she does seem to be reluctant to part with her wind after a bottle! Which eventually leads on to her having a tummy ache and crying in pain later on. So gripe water was one of many products we tried to help with her wind and it was also one of the cheapest! Fortunately for us it also was one of the best in getting her wind up (or down in some cases!!). Either way it relieved her wind.
We started using this when she was a month old and to be honest I found it too fiddly to try and give to her on a spoon - especially when she was crying! I found it far easier to put into her bottle, and she never really noticed the taste - well it never stopped her taking the bottle anyway! We would usually stop her half way through a bottle to try and wind her and then again at the end of the bottle. We noticed a difference straight away from the first bottle! He wind came up so much easier than it did previously! We continued to use gripe water along with infacol which made our feeds so much easier! Especially the night time feeds!
Our daughter is now 10 weeks old and although she is better with her wind, I am never without gripe water in the house - just incase!
Summary: Will always have a place in my medicine cupboard!
More reviews in the field of Baby Health
- Great for teething problems
- Great Vicks substitute for kids
- Tommee Tippee Icy Bite Keys
- All the protection you need
- High sun protection for sensitive baby skin.
- Good protection for delicate children's skin
- Perfect for out and about
- A lifesaver
- Not enough ribbon for the bickie
- Rosy red to match your teething child's cheeks
- Mothercare Finger Toothbrush
- Thermographics Mr Happy Vinyl Wallet Feverscan Thermometer
- Mothercare Little Circus Bath Thermometer
- Peppa Pig George Bruise Soother
- Vitabiotics Wellkid Baby & Infant
- Boots Nursery Thermometer
- Asda Teething Dummy
- ABC Thermometer
- Feverscan Thermometer
- Tommee Tippee Digital Thermometer