Product Type: Brother baby toys
Newest Review: ... bumps is quite funky and easy to hold and the plastic cup looks professional enough. Use: On the first five uses we suspected we were d... more
Looks good but fails to deliver
Brother Max Sprinkler Cup Bath Toy
Member Name: paulie1975
Brother Max Sprinkler Cup Bath Toy
Advantages: Looks Nice
Disadvantages: Looks are deceiving, badly designed and useless
The Brother Max sprinkler cup bath toy is 'apparently' developed with cognitive therapists to help children play, wash and learn.
This looks like a big cup with holes in the cup and a handle with lots of bumps on it. The idea is that you fill the cup with water and the water trickles out of the holes, fascinating baby. The bumps on the handle are orange but if placed in water that is too hot for a baby they turn yellow.
The contraption actually looks half decent the light blue handle with the bumps is quite funky and easy to hold and the plastic cup looks professional enough.
On the first five uses we suspected we were doing something wrong as we poured water into the cup and it simply dropped out of holes with no rhyme or reason, it wasn't like a sprinkler effect the water simply dropped disappointingly. We tried this a number of times wondering if we were doing something wrong, but the cognitive therapists obviously know little about sprinkling water as the fact is the holes are simply too far apart creating 5 or 6 lanes of water simply dropping quickly from the cup, this was disappointing and not something we really wanted to terrify our baby with.
We probably would have accepted that this was normal if we hadn't also bought the Tomy Octopals bath set which has a simple sprinkler cup which is everything this disappointing piece of kit isn't.
We have no use for this and don't even need the handle to check heat as we have a bath thermometer so we will have to put this down as a very bad buy. The product looks fine but we should have checked the Amazon ratings more closely, 2 are spot on in suggesting the product is a massive disappointment and very badly designed. This isn't a patch on a simple sprinkler cup and definitely isn't worth the £5 we paid for it. I would class this as one of the worst baby products we have purchased and definitely wouldn't recommend it to others, it could be useful allowing baby to fill it and watch water sprinkle out as this does fascinate babies unfortunately with this product they fill it and it drops in an ugly fashion which is neither elegant, handy or of any interest to baby who could do this themselves with a cup.
Disappointing, overpriced, it looks good but fails to deliver.
Summary: Looks good but fails to deliver
More reviews in the field of Baby Toy
- Perfect toy for any Mickey fan
- Teaching my son to Prance...?
- Lamaze Balancing Bug Stacker - an excellent toy from Lamaze
- Not quite to playing to the beat of my drum!
- See Emily Play - or not!
- Take a 'read' of this Lamaze book with your baby
- I never realised cups could be so entertaining!
- Martian Mayhem
- Lovely little toy, but could be made so much better!
- A great little garage for younger children
- Ideal Gooey Louie
- Liberty House Toys Grid Blocks
- Little Bird Told Me Birdy Bear Activity Toy
- Little Loveys Blanket
- Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Girl 30th Anniversary
- Fisher Price Precious Planets Deluxe Musical Activity Play Gym
- Fisher Price Wheelies Play N Go Construction Site
- Cocalo Alphabet Soup Toy Box
- Fisher Price Little People Spin 'n Fly Airplane
- Lamaze Fill Em Up Frog Bath Toy