Product Type: ELC baby toys
Newest Review: ... a circle and square hole for the shapes to go into and 4 chunky different coloured shapes, 2 square and 2 circle. On each shape on the top... more
Good first shape sorter
ELC Shape Sorting House
Member Name: cheryl326
ELC Shape Sorting House
Advantages: Colourful, chunky shapes to hold
Disadvantages: Only basic shapes and 2 holes
My daughter received this as a Christmas present when she was 4 months old with a view to being used when she was a little older as the elc say this is from 6 months of age. It is a nice little shape sorter as a first basic one, it is nicely coloured in yellow with a blue door and red roof, the roof has a circle and square hole for the shapes to go into and 4 chunky different coloured shapes, 2 square and 2 circle. On each shape on the top there are different pictures which will be great for printing into play dough when she has this. The shapes can also be stacked together.
I introduced this to my daughter at aroud 6 months of age, of course there was no way she was going to be able to fit the shapes into the holes but she enjoyed holding the shapes and exploring them. I put the shapes in the house and she likes to shake it around, which means the roof comes off and the shapes fall out so then she can get back to holding them. Now at 8.5 months I try to show her what the purpose of they toy is and what to do with it, she is taking interest in the door and tries to open it, also holds each shape and bangs it on the roof. I think she is slowly getting the idea but is a good toy in the fact that will be used for quite a few months.
She enjoys bashing the house for now and I can't wait until she learns to put the shapes in the correct holes.
I like this shape sorted and think its cute with a variety of uses as you can fill it up with other objects and shake it to make noise when they're younger.
Summary: A great first easy to manage shape sorter
More reviews in the field of Baby Toy
- Bathtime fun!
- Soft toy with textures and sounds, interesting for baby
- Great toy to keep baby amused
- Brilliant way to introduce playtime to our little one.
- Sensory ball pit
- Rattling good fun for new borns
- So simple but my son loves them!
- ELC Dino Storage Case and Playmat....handy for keeping dinosaurs safe
- Playing Hospital
- Panda Comfort
- Millhouse Flower Toy Box & Desk
- Millhouse Police Car Rocker
- Millhouse Police Car Zoomster
- Millhouse Pet Rescue Rocker
- Millhouse Healthy Eating Kitchen and Market Stall
- ELC Wooden Stacker
- In The Night Garden Talking Iggle Piggle
- In The Night Garden Talking Plush Upsy Daisy
- Fisher Price Peek-a-Blocks Press N Go Train
- VTech Little Singing Alfie