* Prices may differ from that shownMore Offers
If you are expecting or have a very young baby, or wanting to buy some thing for a friend, buy this and buy it now.
When I was expecting my daughter, a relative offered to buy me a chair for the baby, not thinking I just looked on line and picked a one that went with the nursery theme of owls that was a reasonable priced. I didn't think there was much difference, how wrong I was.
My mother had recommended an older version of this chair to me, as my nephew had used hers repeatedly and loved it. Of course I didn't listen. The chair i got looked lovely but didn't make noise, vibrate and was too shallow. Resulting in my daughter outgrowing it after just 8 weeks.
So I followed my mothers advice and bought this one from Tesco for a bargain at £35 as it was on offer and I used my club card vouchers. It currently sells on average for £55. I chose this colour as the girls version is very girly and pink. I don't like pink and thinking on a practical level I got what I think are reasonably neutral colours in case I have another child that is a boy.
-It has a vibrate mode which is quite gentle, I didn't use this much as I didn't want my daughter to become reliant on it for napping, therefore the batteries (which are included) is still going strong.
- The cover is removable and washable but I find it very easy to jut wipe down, which I did a lot as my daughter has reflux.
- It has a kick stand so that it lies back and doesn't rock
- Without the kick stand it rocks, my daughter never really rocked herself but I did find myself sitting with my foot on it rocking her myself.
- It has two recline settings which I find a little restrictive could have used it sitting up a bit more I think my daughter would have used it for longer but as soon as she could sit independently she wasn't interested in the chair because it reclines too much.
- The part my daughter enjoyed the most was the overhanging toys. It has a hard plastic toy bar which can be easily removed. There are 3 toys the two on the ends are the same but different colours and can be spun round. The middle toy is a frog with a handle to pull and this plays the music.
- The music is short and pleasant, it only plays when the middle toy is pulled and this kept my daughter very occupied. She would try so hard to reach it herself and we would often pull it for her. Once she could reach it herself the joy of finally reaching it was evident. From then on the toys kept her very occupied.
- The support strap can be adjusted and is very secure.
The moment I put my daughter in this chair she loved it. When still a couple of months old she would sit in it and go to sleep happily. She had plenty of space as it is quite deep and most of the time I didn't feel the need to strap her in (soon changed once she got more mobile). However now the toys do not entertain her and she is on the verge of crawling I get a cry of disgust if I try to strap her in to anything. However this chair is meant to be for toddlers too so although I have put it away for now I do believe once she is walking she will use this as her own chair to sit in by choice without the need to strap her in.
The chair is suitable from birth and I wish I had listened to my mother and bought it then. I have seen many baby chairs at friends houses and they all look crap compared to mine and I have even converted a couple of them to buy this one as a replacement.
WARNING(S): Only for domestic use. To be used under the direct supervision of an adult. General information: EAN/MPN/UPC/ISBN: 0746775254209. Folds flat for storage. Size H54, W38.5, D8.5cm. Batteries required 3 x LR44 (included) and 1 x D-LR20 (included). Removable washable cover. Suitable for babies up to 18kg. Suitable from birth to 3 years. Features: Non-slip feet. Support strap. Includes 3 toys. Detachable toy bar. Soothing vibrations. The toy bar removes easily for access to baby and for when toddlers outgrow it. The rocker can also be used as a toddler rocking seat - all the way up to 40lbs.