Product Type: Flair baby toys
Newest Review: ... the likes of Magnext and Galt Octons - perhaps that's part of the reason why they are less common these days? Regardless, you can still pu... more
Imaginative play at its best!
Member Name: clarahj
Advantages: great value, appeals to a wide age range
Disadvantages: lid couold fit a bit tighter on the box
When i found out my newly turned 2 year old son had a bucket of stickle bricks for his birthday I think i was nearly as excited as he was!
It was a bit of a slow grower for him, on the day he was not really interested, prefering to play with those other classics - the tea set and the trampoline, but once the birthday fuss and fun had dies down the stick bricks have been a consistant daily success with all the family.
They are nice and chunky and easy for little hands to hold and put together due to the great spikes, you can stick any two pieces together anyhow, there is no lining up of the prongs to make them fit together, he can just shove them at each other and they stick together which is very satisfying for him, and takes away the element of frustration that can come from trying to play with his brothers lego and being unable to fit it together! They are lovely bright colours, and come in a variety of shapes and sizes, which makes for great imaginative play for all ages.
My 4 year old daughter gets involved too, prefering to make more elaborate models of spaceships or cars, or sometimes just pretending the circular pieces are biscuites and cakes for her dolly (stickle bricks victoria sponge cake anyone?)
On top of that my older 2 children occasionally have a go too. They are 6 and 8 and play with the younger ones with the sticklebricks adn also sometimes use them to improvise a light saber!
I really think that these are a good value toy, that appeal to all ages. They will get so much play, I think they would do a child at least 5 years of intensive and occasional play, if not more!
The bucket is a really handy size too, with a little handle, and we have found it perfect for taking on long trips to visit relatives or to entertain them at weddings.
Summary: a consistant hit with the kids!
More reviews in the field of Baby Toy
- Marvelous mountain provides hours of fun.
- Making mowing the lawn fun !!
- A spirally snakey thing
- Eh-Oh Po!
- Let your toddler loose with this truck
- Laugh and Learn (watch it doesn't topple though!!)
- Chick, chick. Chick, chick. Chicken
- Leap Frog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo
- Great first set of bricks
- Fisher Price Stack and Roll Cups
- Guidecraft Primary Puzzle Car
- Special Delivery Huggy Pal Hedgie
- Smarty Kids B Is For Bear Floppy Plush
- Pillow Pets Snuggly Pupply
- Special Delivery Huggy Pal Bunny
- ELC Touch And Feel Blossom Farm Puzzle
- ELC Wooden Bricks - Natural
- Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Peek a Boo Cuckoo
- Fisher Price World of Little People Little Car Wash Set
- Hugs & Kisses Curly Travel Toy