Product Type: Just Like Home baby toys
Newest Review: ... was quite a lot for a plastic contraption, but all trolleys were priced in the same bracket, and all appeared to come with a small selec... more
Armed and ready to shop with my list
Just Like Home Shopping Trolley
Member Name: abbadabbado
Just Like Home Shopping Trolley
Advantages: Sturdier than it looks
Disadvantages: Expensive for a piece of plastic
The minute my daughter turned two years old, she became a very girly girl and into playing house. Role play toys were a big hit in our house and we have owned many over the last couple of years.
Last year she decided she absolutely had to have a shopping trolley to be able to play shops, so kind Mummy and Daddy looked around the shops and bought her the shopping trolley from the Just Like Home range from Toys R Us.
The trolley itself came fully assembled, complete with a small selection of play food included in the price. I did think at the time that £12.99 was quite a lot for a plastic contraption, but all trolleys were priced in the same bracket, and all appeared to come with a small selection of play food, so we knew we weren't paying over the odds.
At three years old and quite short for her age, my daughter was the right height for the trolley when she received it last year. Even a year on she can still push this around comfortably without stooping down too much.
The trolley is made of brightly coloured plastic, and appears quite flimsy to the eye and first touch from a grown up. The handle isn't a solid piece of plastic, but more moulded on the outside to appear that it is sturdier than it is.
I was a little disappointed to start with that this wasn't better made, but as time has gone on, it has been proved that it mus be made of something good, or at the very least something that has been put together well.
As much as this trolley is pushed into door frames and knocked over in the excitement of play, it is still in one piece a year later and going strong during games of "shops".
I have also found that even when a lot of toys get placed in the trolley when not in use, it still doesn't show signs of bowing on the bottom which I have always viewed as a positive sign.
The plastic food included was a basic selection of eggs, egg box and some condiment bottles. This is useful if you're buying the trolley as a starter for a small child, but it has just gotten mixed in with the mass of other plastic play food we had acquired prior to buying the trolley anyway. It's all well made and withstands a small child standing on it on occasion.
Despite the price, I think we have gotten value for money for our trolley and my daughter shows no sign of getting bored with it just yet, so I think we may be in for a few more months of playing shops.
If you're in the market for a trolley for a toddler then you could do worse than this one.
Summary: A well made trolley despite the price
More reviews in the field of Baby Toy
- Introduce your child to fruit with Anna the banana-the crinkly Tiny Love soft to ...
- Nap Time's Here
- An old fashioned toy that still entertains today ELC Stacking Cups
- Worth the price, but not incredibly engaging for any great length of time!
- Cut play and create fun with this fruity selection
- Not Quite All The Fun of the Farm
- Not Quite Noah's Ark, but more Noah's Rowing Boat!
- Stack um up
- Lovely toy, entertains for years
- Good for the imagination but a bit flimsy.
- Laugh & Learn Train
- Little Tikes Bark Bark Mitts Vacuum
- Playskool Blocksters Blockanimals
- Discover 'n Grow Lion Ring Rattle
- Tiny Tatty Teddy Bear Plush Rattle
- Guidecraft Moon & Stars Toy Box
- Guidecraft Moon & Stars Table & Chair Set
- Guidecraft Moon & Stars Stacking Bookshelf
- Guidecraft Moon & Stars Extra Chairs
- Guidecraft Magneatos Better Builders