Product Type: Lamaze baby toys
Newest Review: ... in the mouth and it sets off a high pitch tune which doesn't last long but is a nice addition, although I don't feel this would be able t... more
A nice bright friendly inchworm
Lamaze Musical Inchworm
Member Name: firasha
Lamaze Musical Inchworm
Advantages: Lots to keep a baby busy and entertained
I received this randomly through the post one day! I think it must have been a competition prize as I enter a lot of competitions, but whatever the case, it was a nice surprise as it is a lovely toy.
At that time, my 2nd son was about 12 months so a little bit old for this really, he did have a look at it but as I was expecting my 3rd at that time I thought it would be better to save it for him, so he has had it from birth. He is now nearly 8 months and has been enjoying this toy all that time. When he was very small it was just something bright and colourful to look at but now he is able to sit and explore the textures, shake it around to make noises - it has a bell in it and also some crinkly textures on the different segments of the worms body.
The worm's body is 60cm or 24 inches long, I know this as it has a ruler drawn on the back of it. I liked this feature as my 3 year old would use it to measure the length of his little baby brother which I felt was a quite nice interaction for them to do. Also you could use it as a prop to do weekly or monthly photos of your baby to show how they grow by placing them next to it each time, I was not organised enough to do this but I have seen people do similar and it tends to be really nice to look back on.
As with all Lamaze toys I have come across, it is well made and a good quality toy. Ours still looks brand new despite being played with plenty by my little one and manhandled by the older 2 (2 and 3 years). The top half has 7 different patterns and textures which are all fairly crinkly and the underneath is all one very soft texture in bright orange. It feels really nice like a soft toy plush type of texture and is quite snuggly for a child.
When you press the worms head it plays a tune although we actually had it quite a while before we realised this, and my baby had been getting enough enjoyment out of the textures and jingly sounds even without the tune but still it is a nice extra.
I would recommend this, it's a nice toy for any baby's collection and I'm sure most babies would enjoy it. It is more for younger babies ie under 1 year
Summary: Worth having
More reviews in the field of Baby Toy
- HappyLand Police station on the go
- Pooh bear, friend or foe?
- Helping children with motor skills
- Harley Davidson eat your heartout
- Fisher Price Turtle Shape Sorter
- Early Learning Centre- Toddle Along Tortoise - mesmerizing for a 7 month old!
- Fisher Price Peek-a-Blocks - I want them all!
- Bash bash
- The wheels on this bus do go round and round......
- Galt Soft Play Activity Dinosaur
- Vivid Imaginations Baby Jake Collector Pack
- LeapFrog My Talking LapPup
- Fisher Price Little People DC Super Friends Batcave
- Tesco Musical Instrument
- Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Bath Toys
- Lamaze Captain Calamari Teething Mitt
- Lamaze Discovering Shapes Activity Book
- Lamaze Lay and Play Activity Playmat
- Vtech Baby Play and Learn Rocking Chair
- Disney Pixar Cars Radiator Springs World