Product Type: Lamaze baby toys
Newest Review: ... I bought but it did look colourful and interesting so was worth a try. The Octopus has a little handle of the top so you can hold it or han... more
Lamaze Octotunes- My 18 month still cant really play with it
Member Name: catrocks03
Advantages: nice textures, handle for ease of carrying around, bright colours
Disadvantages: tentacles hard to squeeze for babies/toddlers, a little bit heavy
We got this as a birthday present when my son turned 1. I certaintly had a little fun playing with it, doing some basic nursery rhymes but my son wasnt intrested. Now at 18 months he loves making things make noises but he still cant squeeze them properly (hes either too soft or too slow I'm not sure so I wouldnt reccomend this toy until the child is around 2! Its a nice toy but I've had more play out of it than him!
Its a yellow octopus with 8 (of course) legs. The legs are a variety of colours and textures and have different coloured tips. It has soft felt tags coming from the neck. The handle is multicoloured and makes a crinkly sound when you squeeze it.
WHAT DOES IT DO
All my toddler can really do is explore the textures and hold it by the handle at the moment, which is a little heavy.
The legs play musical notes which is cool as you can play basic nursery rhymes on them. Before 2 years though Id say its more of an parent/child toy as youd have to take the lead with this and make the sounds. Unfortunatly my child is at the age where hes quite frustrated that he cant make the sounds himself so he looses patience quite quickly.
As it has a variety of colours it can provide a good talking point to toddlers who are learning their colours "what colours this? can you show me the red leg?". As they get older you can also discuss the differences in the sounds each leg makes.
I think this toy is a great idea but I dont think its worth buying for any child under 2, I like this toy more than my son does if I'm honest!
I might change my mind when he is older if he becomes more intrested with it but right now I dont think its really worth even £15 (which is the cheapest I've seen it go for).
Summary: Nice idea. Shame about how it turned out.
More reviews in the field of Baby Toy
- A cute little teething toy.
- Bright and colourful
- Play gym for little people
- Singing nursery rhyme book
- Soft book to clip on pram/cot to keep your baby amused!
- Colourful Bugs
- Bright, colourful and entertaining!
- Your baby can learn and (maybe) crawl with this interactive ball!
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Bath Toys.......Best bath toys we own!
- Playskool Poppin Park Fill 'n' Spill Hippo
- Pintoy Pick Up Trike
- Little Tikes Green 3-in-1 Trike Dash
- Fisher-Price Tree Party Pink Bouncer
- Fisher-Price Rainforest Baby Gym
- Izziwotnot Time to Play Fleur Plush Toy Cat
- Bonbon Smart Trike
- Fireman Sam Pontypandy Multi Rescue Set
- Jungle Junction Hippobus and Beetle Bugs Play Set
- My Child Car Walker