Product Type: Leapfrog baby toys
Newest Review: ... so you can hook him up to your computer and programme him with your child's name and his or her favourite things. I'm in no way way techn... more
Such an lovable puppy
Leapfrog My Puppy Pal Scout
Member Name: caroline81
Leapfrog My Puppy Pal Scout
Advantages: Soft and can be personalised
Disadvantages: Not machine washable
My Pal Scout is a 12" tall plush puppy in green and white, it can also be purchases in purple and white called My Pal Violet. Scout is made form lovely soft huggable fabric and even thought it has the battery compartment, USB port, and power / volume switch securely hidden inside and kept in place by a Velcro fastening it is still an ideal toy for a little one to take to bed.
One of the biggest attractions for me was the fact that Scout can be personalised with your child's name, favourite food, colour and animal and you can choose five songs for Scout to sing from up to 30 online, these can be changed at a later date as your child grows. To customise you do need internet connection, I found personalising Scout fairly easy as the instructions that are supplied are easy to follow and it took me about 15 minutes. If you did not have internet connection you can use the pre loaded songs and phrases which are great to.
To interact with Scout you press his paws which all have a different symbol on them which coincide with that particular paws function
* Lower bottom paw - a red circle with a vertical line, is the on off button.
* Upper left paw - a green musical note plays songs / rhymes.
* Lower right paw - a blue moon and stars plays 2 minutes of bedtime music / lullabies.
* Upper right paw - a purple tennis ball says numerous phrases like "I'm happy show me your biggest smile".
The only downside of the personalisation is that you have to put in your child's favourite colour, animal and food and as my son was only six months old when he received this I had to make these up but as stated previously these can easily be changed at a later date, another problem with this is the choices of names available on the website, my son has a fairly common name so we were ok with this but if your child has a unusual name this could be a problem, although there are suggestions for nicknames on the website.
My Pal Scout / Violet have won numerous awards
2011 Mother and Baby, Silver Award.
2011 Top Toy Awards, Gold Award.
2011 Rainbow Awards, My Pal Scout Best Soft Toy.
2011 Practical-Pre School Awards, Toys & Games 0-3, Gold Award.
2011 Toy Talk Awards, Best Cuddly Toy.
2011 Practical Parenting Award, Best Baby Toy under £20, Gold Award.
2011 Loved by Parents Best Interactive Toy, Gold Award.
2010 Mother and Baby Magazine, Mother and Baby Silver Award.
2010 Right Start Toy Awards, Best Toy, Bronze Award.
2009 Toy Talk Awards, Musical Toy Winner.
2009 Practical Pre-School Award, Winner Silver Award.
Scout is recommended from 6 months to 3 years, which is why my mum purchased him for my 7 month old son for Christmas. Although it is recommended from 6 months I feel my son will get more benefit from this product as an educational toy when he is a bit older at the moment he just likes to listen to the music and watch scouts name tag light up blue in time with music.
This product requires 3 AAA batteries which have to be replaced by using a screwdriver. The batteries that came with the product are still going strong in the Scout we received a Christmas which has had moderate use.
My Pal Scout can be purchased from most toy stockists but can be purchased on Amazon for £19.40.
Overall I think this was a fantastic purchase although my son will get more benefit from the educational side of this toy when he is older as at the moment he is too young to play Scouts "Guess what I am" games and "If your happy and you know it clap your paws", but he does like to laugh at me singing along to the songs and doing all the actions.
The only down side is the fact it isn't machine washable.
Summary: Great value for money.
More reviews in the field of Baby Toy
- Laugh and Learn Teaset.. Time to share a pot of tea!
- My pretty learning purse - your little princesses first handbag!
- Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Learning Keys - keeping baby entertained
- A friend for life with Scout!
- Spinning speedway
- More than just a toy-helps with development
- Little singing bear sung sweetly but didnt wow me with its performance
- ELC Rose Cottage - keeping your child entertained for hours!
- Please pick pick pick up this penguin!
- happy people = happy children
- Hungry Caterpillar Developmental Jiggle Caterpillar
- Guidecraft Transportation Toy Box
- Guidecraft Stacking Rainbow Pyramid
- Guidecraft Screw Block
- Guidecraft Retro Rockers Pirate Boat
- Guidecraft Construction Truck Sort and Match
- Guidecraft Classic Toy Box
- Guidecraft Classic Extra Chairs
- Guidecraft City Blocks
- Guidecraft Butterfly Table & Chair Set