Product Type: Teksta baby toys
Newest Review: ... I still don't know how to access all activities, I found it was a small amusement for a short time, however, once the babies had held i... more
Member Name: broksababe
Teksta Interactive Puppy
Date: 26/12/00, updated on 26/12/00 (508 review reads)
Advantages: Looks cute
Disadvantages: A bit limited
I bought Teksta for my 8 year old as a Christmas present. I must admit it’s cute, but it did cost £39!and it is not as exciting as I expected it to be.
It says it does 150 different functions and you can teach it tricks and more. The various functions are enabled due to various sensors all over the dog, a head sensor, light, nose, sound, neck and mouth. Plus a mode button on the side of its neck. Teksta comes complete with his own little bone too.
Here are the various things you can expect your little robotic doggy to do!
1. Walk and can be programmed to walk towards you either by calling its name or clapping.
2. Bark on command by shouting its name or clapping
3. Talk when either fed. Sleepy or stroked….Says Thanks and cool, plus its name when you press the mode button.
4. Make rude noises! burps etc, it then says sorry or forgive me.
5. Howl if left in a dark room.
6. Play a choice of three songs and dance along.
7. Laughs when you make noises.
8. A card trick, which is included.
9. Beg for its bone
10. Lick and sniff
11. Wags its tail
12. Goes to sleep at night after sensors tell it the light change.
13. The best of all, it can be used as an alarm clock and you can set the time for it to wake you up with a nice little tune!
These are what Teksta can do at present however more new tricks are promised via the website www.tekno-robot.com
The dog itself is ideal for older children but most of the functions for commands would be a little hard for younger children as they involve holding the mode and various sensor buttons in until it beeps a certain amount of times, in fact my 8 year old finds it tricky.
Its an appealing toy , but probably one that will not last all that long as its more of a novelty toy than a long term, once they have seen it do everything it does it fast loses interest for them and will no doubt be in the cupboard under the stairs with the furby next Christmas.
More reviews in the field of Baby Toy
- kicking away to play...
- ELC Country Tractor,will last for years.....
- more for grown ups
- seems to appeal to adults more!
- LOONEY TUNES (TOMY ILLUMI TUNES)
- Great toy for newborns
- Laughing all the way...
- We're delighted with our Dodo!
- Early Learning Centre Wooden Activity Cube
- Cute, durable and a great teething toy!
- Hello Kitty Cosmetic Case
- Little Bird Told Me Softly Snail Baby on Board Sign
- Little Bird Told Me Softly Snail Multi-Activity Playmat and Gym
- Rainbow Designs Abney Rag Doll
- Little Bird Told Me Softly Snail Fun House
- Ikea Mula Stacking Rings
- Mothercare Wooden Shape Sorter
- ELC Children's Shopping Trolley
- Galt Soft Activity Books
- Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Storybook Rhymes