Product Type: Fisher Price baby toys
Newest Review: ... curves around the top of the radio and makes the carry handle for the radio which i think is cute and my daughter used to love carrying... more
The radio which will drive you mad!
Tigger Friendship Circle Radio
Member Name: fiona2105
Tigger Friendship Circle Radio
Disadvantages: noisy, annoying, heavy for little toes, hard to turn
I remember buying this about 5 years ago now when my oldest daughter had just had her mmr so she was about 13 months old, I felt like a bad mummy so thought that a toy would make up for it! This toy says it is suitable for 18 months and upward but it is so chunky and nothing small that looks like it would fall of so I thought it would be fine for her.
We bought this in Woolworths for about £7.99 at the time but I have seen it selling for as cheap as a £1 on Ebay now - that is of course used though. I have also seen this toy in Tesco recently so seems to be available in various places.
So this product is just like a little radio with tigger lying across the top and his tail takes the form of a handle which makes it very easy for little hands to carry around. There is a picture of some of his other friends below him and below that is a yellow dial which you click round to get different tunes to play. While the music is playing the music symbols light up. Its volume is certainly loud enough but it takes quite a bit of effort to actually turn the dial, even by the time she was 18 months she struggled.
I was glad of this after I had turned this a few times for her though as the tunes can get so annoying and she quickly forgot it existed when I drew her attention to something else.
My daughter then received another one for her christmas that year and now my youngest recently received one so they seem to everywhere. It is unusual to see a toy like this still on the go so many years later though.
There were a few things which I did not like about this product. First of all it is too difficult for little hands to use it, the second thing is it can be very sore if dropped on themselves like they do as it is quite heavy. Finally the other reason I am not keen on it is when it starrts to run low in batteries it really starts to drone but a simple solution is to change the batteries of course.
Summary: I thought this was a good toy at the time!
More reviews in the field of Baby Toy
- Truck Fun!
- Lets pretend.....
- Viking got it right!
- Lets Get Digging !!!
- Mega Bloks
- Great play percussion piece-but would not pay full price
- More than just a toy-helps with development
- Little singing bear sung sweetly but didnt wow me with its performance
- ELC Rose Cottage - keeping your child entertained for hours!
- Please pick pick pick up this penguin!
- Thorness Traditional 5 Piece Russian Doll
- Marks and Spencer Duck Grab Rattle Toy
- Plum Terrace Wooden Kitchen
- Jungle Junction Race Launcher
- Lollipop Lane Tiddly Wink Safari Rocking Giraffe
- Lollipop Lane Tiddly Wink Safari Pyjama Case
- Lollipop Lane Tiddly Wink Safari Playmat
- Viga Wooden Pop Up Animals
- Bright Starts Rattle and Teethe
- ELC HappyLand Nursing Set