Product Type: Tomy baby toys
Newest Review: ... old, it is a bit fiddly for him so I have to help him. Inside is 6 white eggs and each egg shell comes off the top half to reveal a ch... more
Cracking good fun.
Tomy Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs
Member Name: sympatic
Tomy Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs
Advantages: Nice variety of tasks
Disadvantages: Hard to open
My little one has had these Hide and Squeak Eggs for just over a year now and while at first they were a bit difficult for her to cope with by about 18 months she really got into them and a further 7 months on she still occasionally plays with these but not with the same frequency as she used to. They were bought as a party present so I'm not sure of the exact price but would expect them to be in the £5 to £10 range
She was instantly attracted to the bright colours with this toy, the egg box itself is a nice golden yellow colour, it has a rather rigid clip on the front that is difficult for little hands to open however this is not always a bad thing as you can control when your child has access to the toy. Inside there are six eggs which break apart in a jagged shape to reveal the different coloured chicks inside each adorned with a smiley face. My daughter soon discovered that pressing the chicks down makes them chirp and this used to really make her giggle and she was soon busy exploring each egg. She found it easy to hide them away in the eggs again helping with hand eye coordination.
It also teaches children to match up similar images as thefaces of the chicks are identical to their own egg and so this toy is a nice way of measuring your childs development in basic skills, initially this was beyond her but she has grown into it. In addition it helps with identifying and matching shapes as the base of each egg has a correspondingly shaped slot for it to fit into, if it does not they wobble and fall out.
This is a neat toy for toddlers although it does have limited appeal, it is well made and nicely put together, it is a simple toy and nice to see something that does not need batteries or any complicated assembly.
Summary: Good toy
More reviews in the field of Baby Toy
- Chad Valley Basic Ride On - Basically rubbish
- Can you sort your shapes?
- Spinning fun
- Little tikes piano
- Counting fun!
- Cultural Joke turns out to be great friend
- This toy will bring a smile to any childs face
- Cute as a Button Mushroom or Should it be Toadstool
- Fisher Price Little People Home - a lovely little play house with sounds
- Flash back to my sons baby past!
- VTech InnoTab Disney Planes Software
- Tomy Be Baby Splash n Print
- Tiny Tears Tender Tiny Tears
- Tiny Love Wind Chimes Giraffe
- Tiny Love Wind Chimes Betty Butterfly
- LeapFrog Hug and Learn Animal Globe
- Fisher Price I Love You Barney
- Mothercare Lots o' Loops Rattle
- Mothercare Happy Safari Spiral Cot Toy
- Fisher Price Select-a-Show Soother