Product Type: VTech baby toys
Newest Review: ... to sing or say phrases, ( example- im a hungry bear, sleepy bear) and he requires 3aa batteries, He also has a velcro strap attached to hi... more
"I'm a Happy....I'll Teach You 1,2,3"
VTech Little Singing Alfie
Member Name: Kallie-Shuga
VTech Little Singing Alfie
Advantages: Soft, colourful
Disadvantages: Not enough stimulation and interaction
Alfie was bought for my little boy from a close friend. He was only a couple of months old and didn't really take to it straight away. It is soft teddy bear but has 4 buttons on his tummy which light up. There are three emotions - happy, hungry and tired - these will light up when pressed and have a soft voice which encourages babies to develop their language skills. They are in three colours - green, yellow and blue and have 1,2,3 on them. There is also an on/off switch which is useful - Alfie will turn himself off as well which helps with battery life. There is also a Velcro strap for it to be strapped on to a mobile or car seat etc.
As mentioned previously - my little boy didn't take to this as a baby. Now that he is a year old - he loves it. he gets really happy when he pushes the buttons and different melodies start to play - be warned as you can find yourself humming and even singing along! It is a great gift to buy but I don't think it is the best one out there. The numbers only go up to 3 and there are only 3 colours. He hasn't started talking properly yet (apart from dada!) so I can't really comment on if it helps with his language skills. He doesn't seem to be talking with Alfie either.
I have rated this 3 out of 5 as I think it helps with motivation and coordination skills, but I don't think he does with regards to language and numbering. If I find that in the next few months he's getting better with it then I will update this review - but for the time being I think paying about £5 is right. The battery has lasted so will keep Alfie for baby 2 but would not buy another.
Summary: Great for a first buy but not the best out there
More reviews in the field of Baby Toy
- A spiralling great idea!
- A fun way to learn the sounds of the alphabet
- Definitely a baby toy
- Hits the right note with my kids
- ELC mix it up.
- A brick? Some paint? A doll? It does it all!
- Helping my mummy in the kitchen!
- VTech Toot Toot Drivers Garage - The fanciest garage I have ever seen!
- Asda Play & Learn Stacking Rings - Simple but fun
- A simple toy with so many uses!
- Tesco Carousel Large Wooden Puzzle
- Mega Bloks Racecar Whirl N Twirl
- Mamas & Papas Charlie Caterpillar Rocking Animal
- Fisher Price Brilliant Basics Pound 'N Giggle Hammer
- Bright Starts Flexi Ball
- Chicco Air Trike
- Chicco I-Gym Multi Activity Play Gym
- Chicco Red Bullet Balance Bike
- Chicco Spring Musical Roller Toy
- Chicco Super Rocking Rings