* Prices may differ from that shown
** My Experience**
My son enjoys this toy to an extent but it has fall out of favor in light of more educational toys of late. We got him this one and another similar one with a shape sort but he prefers the truck over it. It plays a multitude of different songs and jingles over the two different modes and has three buttons on the side and one on the front to go with the four different musical instrument ones on the top. Also, it will play a song when move and does turn it self off after a short time of inactivity.
The two mode which i spoke of earlier are, Musical mode and Interactive mode. The music mode is exactly what it says. Each instrument plays a song when hit. The interactive mode offers a level of learning with praising the child when they hit the right instrument instructed.
There's a few issues i have with this toy, nothing major but i do feel it could be in proved which do give it the sense that its not quiet finished or more testing could be done on it.
1. There is only one light on the top and it stopped working after a month or so. It could do with a few more like headlight/taillights.
2. Some times the instrument buttons don't pop back up when another is hit and it is possible to have all four down and you have to jig them to free them up again by hand.
3. Considering that this is suppose to be a walking and pulling toy, the string on the front is quiet short. My son struggled to hold it whilst standing.
4. The battery pack is hard to open. The image on the back shows opening it with i coin but i preferred a very thick head screwdriver. little once wouldn't get a grip.
Apart from the said above, this is a well structured toy for ages 10 months up how are learning to walk and crawl with toys and for older toddlers with the learning musical aspect.
- Quite light weight and durable plastic
- Takes two AA batteries.
- Suitable from 9 months and up.
- Retails from about £15 to £18.
This was taken from my own review on a different review site which edited, up dated and have since deleted and re posted here.