Product Type: VTech baby toys
Newest Review: ... voice. My son at the moment lieks to put it right to his mouth and just go "AHHHH" down it! It crackles quite a bit. - A drum but... more
A great little keyboard
Vtech Sing and Discover Piano
Member Name: catrocks03
Vtech Sing and Discover Piano
Advantages: interactive, variety of features, lights up, musical, long battery life
We got this when my son was around the 6 month mark. He loved it then and still does now although interacts with it in different ways. I think he'll definitly continue to enjoy it for the next 6 months (taking him up to 2 years).
It has a few different features
-A book with a spiral bind. The pages are quite sturdy and not hugely breakable.
- A chunky keyboards with 5 keys of different notes
- A microphone- You have to get quite close to it for it to amplify your voice. My son at the moment lieks to put it right to his mouth and just go "AHHHH" down it! It crackles quite a bit.
- A drum button which sets of a drum beat.
- 5 musical notes buttons which when pressed play different nursery rhymes.
- A dog. I dont really know his purpose, you just wiggle him around he woofs! This is fine by my son though as dogs are one of his favourite animals and he likes to point at it and say "dog" and imitate the woofing noise.
The keyboard also lights up, this was one of the things that had my son entranced when we first got it. Now i think he prefers the musical activity and the interactivity- he cant get enough of pushing the buttons.
Its a vtech toy, as a brand I love vtech we rarely find a toy by them we dont like although I do think they can be quite pricey! As Ive found with some other vtech toys the two volume options are both particuarly loud!
The toy takes 4xAA batteries which screw in at the back. The battery life for this toy is great, we dont use this toy everyday but my son is now 18 months and we havent yet had to change the batteries. They are in need of replacement though as in the last few days the toy will go a little slow or out of tune but for almost a years worth I think thats great.
You can get these from around £15 at Debenhams, they seem to be a bit pricier elsewhere. I think £15 is a good price but I dont think I'd want to may more but maybe I'm a little stingy!
However I like the variety of features and the chunky keys are great for little fingers. I would definitly reccomend as a Christmas present for your (or someone elses!) baby.
Summary: Great toy but i have to knock of one star because it really is quite loud!
More reviews in the field of Baby Toy
- Shape sorting fun
- Soft book to clip on pram/cot to keep your baby amused!
- Colourful Bugs
- Bright, colourful and entertaining!
- Your baby can learn and (maybe) crawl with this interactive ball!
- Lamaze Octotunes- My 18 month still cant really play with it
- Bounce in Comfort
- Not a perfect match
- ELC Happyland Dino Playset......Now addicted to Happyland!
- Choo Choo Amazing Animals