Product Type: VTech baby toys
Newest Review: ... teach numbers, animals, animal sounds and music. The toy has a sliding switch on it to choose between on and off. The numbers mode ge... more
Animals, animals, round and round!
VTech Spin and Teach Top
Member Name: etherealD
VTech Spin and Teach Top
Advantages: You can turn it down, or even off!
Disadvantages: The plunger is a bit tricky for them until they are about 15 months old
There are many toys on the market today that claim to be educational. It's quite difficult to decide which of them actually are going to help your little one's development, but I have found that Vtech are a reliable manufacturer when it comes to quality robust toys. So, when I saw this advertised for £13 on Amazon, I decided to add it to my son's Christmas list and was pleased when he recieved one.
It is a colourful spinning top, with a plunger on the top, four animal characters and 4 light up buttons with numbers. It has a variety of different sounds, games and songs depending on how many times you spin it. You can then use the buttons on the side, or the animals depending which mode you have selected; for example under the "animals" setting, the toy may ask you to find the bear. When your little one pulls an animal character, it will tell them which animal it is and make the noise, until they find the right one, when it gives a cheer! Give it another spin and it will teach the numbers when they are pressed.
It is always handy to have a volume setting, and this one is easy to find, as it's on the top of the toy. The great thing is that because of the nature of a spinning top, you can switch it off altogether when your nerves are fraught and the child can still play with it. Saying that, the voice and songs aren't too annoying and the accent is british.
In terms of ages, it is probably suited more to older children who can sit up and are quite mobile. The games will go over their head until about 2 and above in my opinion, but below this age, it is fun for them to bash away at the buttons and spin it round. It's very durable and has been slobbered on and thrown down in our house with no ill effects.
Overall, a good toy which they will get a lot of fun out of.
Summary: A nice addition to the toy box
More reviews in the field of Baby Toy
- A way to increase the volume of your toddler!
- Dinah won't you blow! Dinah, won't you blow your horn? Beep Beep!
- Great fun toy "all aboard"
- LeapFrog Alphabet Zoo Ball
- VTech Sing and Discover Piano
- Cookie Jar
- Happyland Take and Go Police Station - okay for the money
- Octopus Squirters
- Sturdy portable ride on for Toddlers and beyond
- Toot toot garage
- Guidecraft Moon & Stars Extra Chairs
- Guidecraft Magneatos Better Builders
- Guidecraft Hideaway Playtime Kitchen
- Guidecraft Farmhouse Extra Chairs
- Guidecraft Dress Up Storage Centre
- Tomy Choo Choo Loop Train
- Disney Handy Manny's Plush Tool Kit
- Golden Bear Pingu Igloo Playmat Set
- Early Learning Centre Pretty Polly's Pirate Ship
- ELC Wooden Post Box