Product Type: Asda Baking & Ingredients
Newest Review: ... me least. This is a nice soft sponge flan, which can be used for a multitude of delicious dishes. I like to make up ... more
A yummy bargain!
Asda Flan Case - Plain
Member Name: eatingpinkzebras
Asda Flan Case - Plain
Advantages: Cheap, tastes lovely, easy to use
Disadvantages: A bit sugary to eat every day
I know that in the olden days many people used to make their own flan cases in special flan dishes, but nowadays there's really no need to do so. This flan case is available for just 55 pence from Asda and it's really lovely, nicer than I could make myself I'm sure!
The flan case is 200 grams and about the size of a large dinner plate or a bit bigger. It's easily enough to go round six or seven people. It comes packaged in plastic to prevent in getting squashed whilst travelling from the supermarket to your house!
Making a flan using this case is incredibly easy. All you need is some fresh (or frozen) fruit such as raspberries, strawberries or peach slices, and some fruit gel, such as Green's Quick Jel which is available in orange or red. Put the fruit inside the flan case, then mix up the gel with boiling water and pour over. And there you have it, simple!
The flan case tastes lovely. It is light and fluffy and tastes just like a really nice sponge cake. It isn't too dry and it doesn't get soggy either, it is just right.
It's also not too bad for you. It doesn't have any artificial colours or flavours. 100 grams (half the flan case!) contains 352 calories, 39 grams of sugar and 5.5 grams of fat. When you think you will probably be having just a third of that if you cut the flan into sixths, it's really not that bad for a dessert base, coming in at just over 100 calories, 13 grams of sugar and a couple of grams of fat. Not bad for a treat!
More reviews in the field of Baking & Ingredients
- The only dried cranberries.
- A nifty kitcen cupboard product
- Lemon Juice or Cleaning Fluid
- Good enough for me to eat - Crusty Bread mix
- ITS A COCKTAIL OF FRUIT !
- Tesco tomato purée
- Tesco plain flour - value cooking
- Does this make me a cheat??!
- Support British sugar beet farmers and buy Silver Spoon sugar for your jam makin ...
- Leave The Honey For The Bees!
- Tropical Sun Yam Flour
- Natco Chapati Flour White
- Chef's Larder Self Raising Flour
- Tree Of Life Soya Flour
- Tropical Sun Cassava Flour
- Just Natural Gram Flour
- W H Marriage Organic Strong White Flour
- Tiana Organic Gluten Free Pure Coconut Flour
- W H Marriage Organic Strong Wholemeal Flour
- W H Marriage Organic Plain White Flour