Product Type: Betty Crocker Baking & Ingredients
Newest Review: ... medium between a sponge and a fondant icing. When I use on cupcakes the icing comes out of the tub really smooth and is very easy to w... more
Member Name: beccyrasooly
Betty Crocker Ready to Spread Icing Rich & Creamy Vanilla
Advantages: Holds its shape on cakes looks nice
Disadvantages: too strong vanilla flavour
This is a fab icing to decorate cupcakes or fill cakes with. Found in the baking aisle in supermarkets most big stores stock it, this one and other flavours like the vanilla. Priced at 1.94 in asda, piping onto muffin size cupcakes you would expect to get about 12 out of a tub. Obviously this could vary greatly on the size of cake or amount of icing. This is ready to pipe from room temperature and holds its shape very well.
The flavour of this is too overpowering. Its not a nice subtle flavour but it overpowers everything. For everything else this icing is great, the only problem being the flavour of vanilla being too strong. But after all its vanilla flavoured and someone else might love the strong flavour of vanilla.
For a special occasion on a cake/cupcake which would be out in the open say on a warm day this would hold shape better than buttercream.
Summary: Good product but overpowering flavour.
- Délice & Sens Edible Essential Oil Basil
- The Wild Flower Company Hibiscus Flowers In Syrup
- Terre Exotique Romance Gift Box Rose, Jasmine, Cornflower
- Terre Exotique Fragrance Gift Box Marigold, Red Rose, Lavender
- Florisens Edible Flowers Rosebuds Florisens
- Maizena Corn Starch
- Bensdorp Chocolate Sauce
- Bensdorp Chocolate Flakes
- Wiener Zucker Organic Raw Sugar
- Viennese Syrup Sugar For Berries And Stone Fruits