Product Type: Betty Crocker Baking & Ingredients
Newest Review: ... flavours like the vanilla. Priced at 1.94 in asda, piping onto muffin size cupcakes you would expect to get about 12 out of a tub. O... more
Member Name: beccyrasooly
Betty Crocker Ready to Spread Icing Rich & Creamy Vanilla
Advantages: Holds its shape on cakes looks nice
Disadvantages: too strong vanilla flavour
This is a fab icing to decorate cupcakes or fill cakes with. Found in the baking aisle in supermarkets most big stores stock it, this one and other flavours like the vanilla. Priced at 1.94 in asda, piping onto muffin size cupcakes you would expect to get about 12 out of a tub. Obviously this could vary greatly on the size of cake or amount of icing. This is ready to pipe from room temperature and holds its shape very well.
The flavour of this is too overpowering. Its not a nice subtle flavour but it overpowers everything. For everything else this icing is great, the only problem being the flavour of vanilla being too strong. But after all its vanilla flavoured and someone else might love the strong flavour of vanilla.
For a special occasion on a cake/cupcake which would be out in the open say on a warm day this would hold shape better than buttercream.
Summary: Good product but overpowering flavour.
More reviews in the field of Baking & Ingredients
- Schwartau Wild Berries Extra Jam
- Schwartau Strawberry Extra Jam
- Schwartau Velvet Blackberry Jam
- Pidy Fruit Flavoured Pastry Cups Assortment
- Pidy Pastry Cases Mini Crispy Iris
- Pidy Pastry Cases Mini Meringues
- Pidy Trendy Shell Round Short Pastry Sweet
- Tropical Sun Guava Jelly Case
- Schwartau Raspberry Extra Jam
- Pearls Of Samarkand Goji Berries