Product Type: Green's Baking & Ingredients
Newest Review: ... get the cookie kit and what a great buy it was. The kit comes with: Chocolate decorating tube with chocolate that you squeeze out Yellow ... more
Lovely tasting cookies.
Greens Tweety Pie Vanilla Cookie Kit
Member Name: gsparkle
Greens Tweety Pie Vanilla Cookie Kit
Advantages: There fun to make and taste great.
Disadvantages: There aren't any.
Greens Tweety Vaniila Cookie Kit will make you 10 tasty cookies. I brought this kit from Filco for around £1.20 (What a bargain).
The other day I noticed Greens cake kits I had never heard of the brand. But when I mentioned them to my parents they said they had been around for a long time and sold great products. I like baking with my daughters but being honest I'm not that good but I think it is good for them to learn how to cook and have fun doing it .I have already got a few cake kits so I thought I would try something different. I knew that the kits were suitable for kids to help with so I thought then at least I would be able to Make them. So I decided to get the cookie kit and what a great buy it was.
The kit comes with:
Chocolate decorating tube with chocolate that you squeeze out
Yellow cookie mix
Tweety Pie Cutter
Extras you will need:
Flour for dusting
1. Heat the oven to Gas mark 5, and lightly grease a baking tray
WASH YOUR HANDS
2. In a bowl mix together the egg and 10ml of milk.
In a separate bowl, empty the cookie mix and add 40ml of the egg and milk mixture and mix together to form dough. If the dough is a bit dry add a little more of the egg and milk mixture.
3. Once the dough is formed, knead on a slightly floured surface until smooth and then roll out until approx. 6mm thick. (Depth of the cutter)
Lightly dust the cutter with flour and then cut out 10 Tweety cookies, re-rolling the dough if you need to
Put the cookies onto the greased baking tray and cook in the centre of the oven for 8-10 minutes.
4. Use the decorating sauce to decorate the cookies, you can follow the lines or makeup your own ideas.
Inside the packet you get a little activity booklet where your child can fill out puzzles to do with cooking. They can do this whilst the cookies are cooking. On the back of the instructions there is also a 20p off coupon for when you buy your next Greens product.
The cookies turned out great and my daughters loved making them. They took us a bit longer to make then the cakes normally do but it was worth it. When we make them next time I think we will use some of my daughters other cutters so the cookies are all different. They had fun decorating them with the chocolate sauce and we loved the taste. The cookies didn't last for long. Next time we go shopping I'm going to look out for other Greens products I have seen on there site for us to try out.
The Greens website is very helpful it has recipes etc on there. If you click on the bit on there site that says kids kits. Then all the kits that they sell come up so you can see other products that are similar including Tom and Jerry cakes and Dennis the Menace chocolate cakes etc. It also tells you which shops stock them. It's definitely worth looking at. The site is www.greencakes.co.uk
Summary: Great tasting cookies for you and your child.
More reviews in the field of Baking & Ingredients
- Tasty and inexpensive peach pieces
- St Helen's Farm Double Goats Cream -What a treat!
- Yummy cranberries
- Good old-fashioned fibre
- Lighter mincemeast with all the taste!
- perfect for pancake day
- lemon juice - where are the lemons then?
- Extract it from my cupboard at your peril!
- It's Flour, But Cheaper
- Value Flour
- Opies Baby Pears With Vanilla
- Schwartau Vanilla Flavour For Baking
- Speciality Farm Foods Mexican Vanilla Pods
- Speciality Farm Foods Mexican Vanilla Extract
- Preema Vanilla Essence28Ml
- Saveurs Molécule R Xanthan Gum
- Christine Le Tennier Creativ' Food Caramel Pearls
- Christine Le Tennier Creativ' Food Blackcurrant Pearls
- Soripa Guar Gum
- Saveurs Molécule R Xanthan Gum In Sachets