Newest Review: ... the laptop rang up to clarify the offer before performing the transaction, whichever it was. I was informed that it was interest free... more
Member Name: swannie
Date: 06/08/00, updated on 06/08/00 (63 review reads)
Advantages: convenient location
Disadvantages: queues poor interest on savings
My first building society account was with Abbey National many many years ago and I had a mortgage with them. All no problem. For the last year or so I have gone off them. Main complaints are overlong queues in the local branch and non-competitive interest rates on savings. Also a lack of xo-ordination between head office and the branch. For example I recently recieved instructions on what to do when a savings account matured - tried to do it and the branch couldnt do it ! With so many alternatives I wont be investing there for a while.
More reviews in the field of Bank
- Amazing customer service - only a 6 hour phone call away! (To be read aloud in s ...
- Useful but not easy to use
- Convert your account in 5 minutes for better value
- Society gets better!
- High charges, low customer service
- Apalling Service from Front of House Staff
- Leek Building Society
- Co-operative Bank current account - Decent start so far
- Average rates and average service.