Newest Review: ... to upgrade to a current account. The current account comes with a debit card and an overdraft. The overdraft was handy until they deci... more
High interest, working service
Member Name: dfoulkes
Date: 04/01/01, updated on 04/01/01 (37 review reads)
Advantages: Quick, high interest
The Halifax online service integrates very well with my ATM-based account. I transfer any large amounts of money to a higher interest online account, leaving enough cash for day to day transactions in my card account.
They have very competitive interest rates - 6.5%+ for some fixed rate online accounts; and transferring money really is just a matter of a couple of clicks.
I can transfer money instantly from one account to another 24 hours a day, without having to use the branch. One can also transfer money to other organisations to pay bills, etc.
Halifax also offer current account facilities, but I have no experience of these.
Thanks for reading,
More reviews in the field of Bank
- Better Than Most
- very good
- I got out - FAST!
- Very impressive - updated
- Run away! Barclays has been holding my money hostage and won't pay my 683pounds!
- Smile is rubbish
- They mean it when they say "TLC not PLC"
- Good old fashioned service with occasional great rates.
- A modern building society with a traditional attitude to service