Newest Review: ... an acceptable form of communication, but in this case, a letter was sent home. Maybe the HSBC thinks this justifies some of the charges??... more
HSBC - A Worldwide Bank with no Iphone App????
Member Name: Staff007
Advantages: Good service
Disadvantages: Lack of Iphone App
I have been a customer of HSBC for over one year, changing my main banks from NatWest and Lloyds TSB due to the way I am paid via my workplace. I admit that it wasn't my choice to change banks although being an on line banking customer who uses hardly any advanced features of a bank I imagined I would notice little difference.
Customer service ways I have had no problems. The branch staff are always helpful, possibly more so than I am used to experiencing. Branch opening hours are normal and I have never suffered from any inaccessibility to my banking needs - apart from one massive flaw.
NatWest have an Iphone app which is absolutely streets ahead of HSBC's. In fact HSBC have only very recently launched an app that can show you your balance and a mini statement. For many this may not sound like a massive problem however, when you are constantly on the move like I am, I use either my Iphone or Ipad to keep in touch with my accounts. Yes the normal website can be accessed but this too is more clunky than it needs to be forcing you to carry a keypad around at all times even if you just want a balance check.
I imagine much of it comes down to security but for me as a general user who needs mobile access to pay bills and transfer money, I'm sorry but at the moment HSBC just do not cut it.
Summary: If you want a bank that embraces technology to help its consumers - think again!
More reviews in the field of Bank
- Natwest - despite the recent problems I'm sticking around
- Comprehensive and secure online banking site
- Easy access to bank statements but don't try the call centre
- very poor customer service at a stressful time avoid at all costs
- Easy to move, easy to use
- Worst Customer service you will ever encounter....guaranteed!
- Banking online with Lloyds
- far from being in my good books
- A System of Two Halves
- Avoid at all costs as the customer service & technology behind Yorkshire Buildin ...